Relationship Woes and Sibling Goals

Lenore's POV to December 17st (about 2 weeks later

December 17, 2015

     Dear Journal

         It has been a while since my last entry, but a lot has happened. I'm an omen bearer and discover some of the people closet to me are also part of the omen-bearing society. Also I'm part of a prophecy with my girlfriend, Abi and we have to fight each other. By the way, I have a girlfriend! To prepare for the battle, I've training with my older friend, Brynnie. Thanks to her board fighting knowledge, I ended up learning a bit of kung fu, karate, and taekwondo. I also learnt basic self defense, basic magic, and how to use a weapon. From the board range of weaponry, I picked throwing knifes because they're cool. After I picked my weapon choice, Brynnie enchanted them, so they could transform to charms on a charm bracelet. It's much easily and stealthier that way. I hope we survive.

With love,
Lenore

I close my notebook and placed in one of the drawers in my desk. It was Thursday night and I was waiting for Abi to arrive. We have been sneaking out a lot lately to see each other. I'm really upset that our parents won't let us see each other. Stupid prophecy! Suddenly a green scaly snake slithered through my window and transform into everyone's favorite and lovable Abi.

"Hey birdie! I missed you!" she whispered-shouted before kissing my cheek. Birdie was my nickname in our relationship. I kissed her cheek and whispered, "I missed you too, snake girl."

     I playfully call her snake girl all the time. She pouted and lightly punched me in the shoulder. I pretended to be in critical pain and fell to the floor. Abi's eyes widen with fear and pulled me up.

"Are your parents here?!" she whispered-shouted at me. I shook my head and answered, "Nope! They're on a date until 10pm, but my siblings are here..."

On cue, there was a knock on my door and Abi quickly transform and hided. I got up, walked over to the door, and opened it, revealing a sleepy looking Colby.

     "Colby? It's 8pm, why are you up so late?" I asked softly while picking up Colby. He rubbed his eyes, sleepily, before answering.

     "I had a nightmare," he murmured and burrowed his head into my shoulder. I sighed and hugged him tighter. Ever since Colby was 4, he would always nightmares.

     "Want me to sing to you?" I whispered-asked. He nodded his head and I felt a bit of my Panic! At the Disco T-shirt becoming wet. Colby was quietly crying into my shoulder. This must been a very bad nightmare. I began singing a lullaby that father used to sing to me when I was little. It's an Armenian lullaby since my father is an Armenian descendent.

k'nel im yerekhayin
k'nel yem arevi
t'uyl mi tvek', vor mghdzavanjner stanal dzez
k'nel im yerekhayin
k'nel im yerekhayin
T'vogh Astvats hskelu k'yez

     Soft snoring was coming from Colby after I finished the lullaby. I exited my room, walked to his room and laid him on his Disney theme bed. Before I left Colby's room, I kissed his forehead and decided to use a protection chant Brynnie taught me during one of our training session. I placed my hand on his head and murmured the chant. A faint golden light emitted from Colby as I completed the chant. I smiled and exited the room. Now the nightmares won't get to him anymore. When I entered my room again, Abi was back to normal and tears were streaming down her face. I ran over to Abi and enveloped her in a tight hug.

"What's wrong?!" I whispered-shouted at her with worry and fear in my tone. Abi slowly wrapped her small arms through me as she began to sob into my shoulder. What happened to her?!?!?!?!