Dress Shopping Diaster Part 1

Warning: LOTS OF TIMESKIPS!!!

     Lenore's POV

"Lenore...will you go to Winter Formal with me?" rang through my ears and everything stopped. Tadaaki just asked me to the formal. He's the omen bearer of the boa. The note. Tadaaki's Boa. Speaking of Tadaaki, he snapped his fingers in front of my face and said, "Lenore? Earth to Lenore!"

I shook my head and answered, "Sorry, Tadaaki! But I would love to go to the Winter Formal!"

Tadaaki's face lit up like a Christmas tree with joy. He suddenly hugged me and said, "You don't know how happy you made me, Lenore."

I faked a smile and hugged him back. Oh God, what did I get myself into.

Timeskip

I entered the flat to see mother cooking Chicken Alfredo and Colby doing his homework on the couch. Mother walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. She then asked, "How was school today, sweetheart?"

I faked a big smile and answered, "Wellllllll...you know how my school has a Winter Formal every year?"

Mother's eyes lit up with excitement and said, "Yes, I know! That's where I met your father."

"Well...hmm...I got asked out to the Winter Formal..." I whispered. Mother squealed and hugged me tightly while shaking me.

"That's amazing! We have to go dress shopping soon! What's his name?" she asked, bombarding me with questions. My family doesn't know I'm a lesbian.

"His name is Tadaaki Sep-Surfer!" I quickly lied. Mother smiled and said, "I can't wait to meet him."

Timeskip

I plopped on my bed and grumbled with frustration. 5 days until Winter Formal and 12 days until the battle. I need to training, not go dress shopping! Suddenly my phone buzzed and I picked it up.

New Message From Brynnie: Hey! Are you okay?

I quickly unlocked my phone and replied, 'Yeah...btw I got asked out to Winter Formal..."

'REALLY?! Who's the lucky girl?" texted Brynnie. She's the only other person, besides Abi, who knows that I'm gay. I sadly smiled and replied, 'Tadakki asked me out...I didn't want to hurt his feelings...'

Brynnie quickly answered with a 'WHAT?!?!?!'.

'Yup...I gtg...see you at our next training session...' was the last text want to her before falling asleep.

Timeskip to the next day

"Lenore. Lenore, wake up..." said a voice while lightly shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes to see my mother above me. She smiled and said, "Get dress, we're going dress shopping," before exiting my room. I groan before changing into one of my favorite outfits, a Fall Out Boy T-shirt, skinny jeans, a red flannel with combat boots and some jewelry. My phone suddenly buzzed and I picked it up.

     New Message From Abi: Hey...I got asked out to Winter Formal...

     'Cool, who asked you?' I replied. A few seconds, she texted back with 'A marching band friend. His name is Troy Jackson.'

     I smiled at her text. At least a nice semi-awkward guy asked her out. Suddenly mother shouted from the lower level of the flat, "Lenore! We're leaving in 5 minutes!"

     I groaned before texting, 'Your cousin asked me out and I said yes,' and running downstairs.

               Timeskip

     We pulled up to a colorful boutique called, 'Elegance' where I was about to face my worst nightmare, dresses. I hate dresses, too feminine for my taste. I'm fine with the occasional sundress or party dress, but formal dresses are the worst. Plus since I'm on the chubby side, it's very hard to find a good dress, mainly clothes in general, that I like.

"Lenore, stop zoning out," commanded mother. I suddenly shook my head in realization and mumbled, "Sorry mother..." before walking into Elegance. We immediately greeted by an average-sized woman, wearing a floral purple dress with a black cardigan, leggings and Uggs, with ocean blue eyes and reddish-blondish hair.

     "Hello! My name's Opal and I'll help you two with all your dress needs!" said the woman, known as Opal. Mother smiled at her and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Opal. I'm Ginny and this is my daughter, Lenore. Lenore, over here, has been recently asked out to her school's Winter Formal, so we're here to find a dress for the event."

     Opal gave us a closed-eye smile and answered, "That's wonderful! Lenore, follow me to the dressing rooms, so I can take your measurements," before dragging me off to the first phase of hell.

     Timeskip because I don't want to describe that measurement taking part

     After getting my measurements taken, we began dress hunting. Mother and Opal handed me a bazillion dresses and shoved me into a dressing room. I changed into the first dress, which was a bright yellow puffy dress, and walked out.

     "Hideous..." said mother and Opal in unison. I sighed and this repeated with the rest of the dresses. Finally, we found the perfect dress (A/N: in the media).

     "Beautiful..." whispered mother to herself, tears pricking her eyes. Opal smiled and said, "I agree!"

     I blushed and looked at the dress. It hugged my curves in the right places and it was my favorite color, blue. This dress was made for me. I smiled at mother and Opal and asked, "How much is it?"

     Opal got up and checked the price. Then she answered, "350 pounds..."

     Color from my face drained from the moment she said that. Mother, on the other hand, merely smiled and said, "We'll take it. Lenore, change back into your clothes."

     I nodded my head and began walking back to the changing rooms. Suddenly I bumped into someone, causing them to fall to the floor. I squeaked in fear and asked, "Are you okay?!"

     "I'm fine..." mumbled the person with a familiar voice and who was holding a dress near their face. Our eyes suddenly made contacted as we looked at each other with realization. I had just bumped into my nemesis, Kylie Pickens.