Chapter 5 // "Stop touching my bits and bobs"

"Today class we shall be doing an experiment" I look up at the teacher. Is she mad? Her face is glowing with happiness, probably because this means she doesn't have to teach the class today.

Those are the dreaded words I never want to hear come out of her mouth.

"And before I do anything else. Who would like to be a safe and responsible partner for Crescent?" What can I say I'm so special. I know Miss Anderson adores me but she is also very wary of me.

Who am I kidding I'm the biggest klutz on the planet?

Some unfortunate person is going to be my lab partner today and they're probably going to lose a finger or two or I might end up blowing off their heads.

I may be one of the highest achieving chemistry students in the school and I might get full marks in every test. But when it comes to experiments, I can't do them. So far in this semester, we haven't had the need to do any but now the time has come.

At first, I would just break a beaker....or maybe 10. But eventually, it's gotten to a point where I have set off the fire alarm, but don't worry there was no physical fire.

Miss Anderson face lights up like a Christmas tree as someone puts there hand up. I look around to see who would be daft enough.....

Elliott. There is a full-blown smirk on his face. His shining blue eyes, filled with mischief, looking straight at me as he runs a hand through his hair because everyone's attention is on him.

I glare at him which makes his smirk widen.

"Mr Grayson are you sure because I don't think you fit the category of either safe nor responsible?"

At the back of the class sits Elliott and Carter and their life goal is to drive the teacher completely insane. So far they're doing really well in achieving this goal.

"Of course miss. Are you calling me irresponsible?"

"No, I don't think I mentioned the word irresponsible Mr. Grayson. And I'd advise you to keep your mouth shut unless you want a detention. I really don't think you'd want to miss your football practices when you have a game only a week away, now would you Elliott?" He opens his mouth ready to snap at her but quickly closes it.

When it comes to football Elliott will sacrifice anything.

Football is his heart and soul. And because he is our star quarterback, he is loved by all.

We move around so we are sitting next to our partners.

"Hey bay" Elliott sits down on the tall science chair and shuffles it really close to me. Too close.

I can smell his fresh cologne. The sweet and warm scent invades all my senses.

I decide to ignore him and carry on writing, though the smell is making me feel dazed.

"What kind of person would name their child Crescent Bay Dawson?"

I huff out. How many times do I have to explain this story?

"I'm named after a beach in Los Angeles, Crescent Bay Beach. It's also known as Laguna Beach. My parents named me after it because that's where my dad proposed to my mom. It's also the name of the best holister spray"

"You're named after a beach. Your parents must have been drunk when they named you" He sniggers.

"What kind of name is Elliott Grayson anyway" I scoff."You sound like some kind of werewolf "