Chapter 24.5 // "And he kisses me"

Chapter 24.5// "And he kisses me"

"You can maybe seduce him after the game?" Emily suggests. I just told her that I sort of kissed Carter, at which she nearly punched me. And I told her that I sort of like Elliott to which she's coming up with mad suggestions of how I can get him in bed.

"Emily I think you need to calm it, I said I liked him not that we were in any sort of relationship, anyway he doesn't like me in the slightest" I sigh.

"Like you, the guy keeps glancing at you like the only thing on his mind is you with no clothes on"

I elbow Emily in the stomach for that comment, there are all sorts of people around us and they can start all kinds of gossip.

It's such a professional and vast pitch. There are huge screens and the bleachers are all around the stadium

At the first quarter of the game there were no points scored, both teams were running back and forth like a bunch of idiots and as time progresses the game is going nowhere.

Me, well I'm standing on the bench, on the tip of my toes shouting all sorts of abuse at both teams.

"Alec stop being a wuss and punch the guy"

"Daniel you fucking asshat score a stupid goal"

"Cress it's not as easy as it looks" Emily chirps looking up at me. I ignore her and go back to shouting.

"Grayson do you call that a throw, I call it no effort, work some of that muscle"

That's when the other team score and I swear viciously under my breath.

I seat myself back down in a huff "Well at least you tried" Emily adds kindly.

Soon the referee guy shouts through the speakers that Northwest high score and the points are even.

Time is ticking and everyone is getting tense. I can see that both teams are beginning to tire and slow down but Elliott is showing no efforts of stopping, he's running around the entire pitch at a steady pace tackling every one that gets in his way.

"10 minutes to go' The ref shouts.

Everyone is holding on to the edge of their seats in anticipation. I stand back up and cheer as loud as I can for my team. They have to win they really do, they were so close to the finals last year they can't lose that chance again.

Elliott has the ball, no the tall blonde guy does. Elliot has it again, oh wait he lost it. I look up at the screen and the time is passing rapidly.

Conner has the ball; he's running and dodging at an unbelievable speed.

It's barely a minute to go and everyone is standing up to see what's happening.

Elliott waves his hands at Conner, he's open and there's no one around him. Conner has his eyes set on Elliott, he gives a perfect throw and the ball lands gracefully in Elliott's arms.

My breathing is shallow, Elliott is sprinting for his life, he's so close. I'm gripping on to Emily to keep my balance, my fingers crossed.

That's when I see him fall over and I move forward almost wanting to help him up but there's a cheer, he made it Elliott did it.

The team are throwing themselves at Elliott, roaring in happiness, the sound of the crowd could deafen you.

I instantly run down the steps towards the team, a huge smile on my face.

Everyone's down congratulating the team, I see my brother smiling like never before. I'm so proud of him. I can't see Elliott in the crowd so I back away a bit. I can just imagine Elliott surrounded by girls. I can picture him laughing with them as they all flirt, their hands on his shoulder as he says a single stupid sarcastic comment and they all fall in to laughter.