Chapter 64// "I, Elliott Grayson, was afraid of a girl rejecting me"

"Did you hear?" I look up at my best friend. She was blinking her blue eyes at me.

"No" I replied shaking my head.

"Well first Aribella and Ryan are officially dating and then Elliot beat the shite out of Ryan for some reason in the middle of the haul.

Emily spent her time between her book group friends and me because I loved her so much and couldn't be parted with her.

"Was it something serious?" I ask concerned, as I know that Elliott's involved. My boyfriend just loved causing trouble.

"Why are we worried about Elliott?" Aiden asks as he sets his tray of food down. He sits across from me; he also has Carter, Conner, and Alec by his side.

"Nothing," I tell the boys who loved listening to drama. "Could you stop jumping around your making me feel dizzy"

"Come on girl I swear it had something to do with you, it's just such a fairytale where Elliott's always there for you. He's like a knight who's always fighting for you" She speaks out loud dreamily as she seats herself beside Alec.

"No Elliot just likes fighting. Full stop"

It was in a way, weird having Emily and me surrounded by so many people. That remembering there was once a time where Emily and I sat alone, together.

That's when Daniel and Winter walk in side by side. No one can understand how bad I was rooting for the pair of them, was it too much to ask for.

My twin brother deserved to be happy and so did one of my best friends what better way than having them both get together.

They weren't an official thing...yet.

All of a sudden the cafeteria quietens and I know why. Aribella and Ryan walk into the large open plan room.

Aribella Jones, that was who I knew her as, until a few weeks ago when I found out she was my half-sister. Why was I so unlucky to end up having the biggest bitch on the planet as my sister? And what does that say about our family name?

I'd have rathered that I never knew I was related to her and I think Daniel and mom felt the same way. Dad was for some reason trying to make things work with her.

Nothing had really changed in our family since the big secret was out. Maybe mom and Daniel were closer than they have been in years. Also, dad was leaving to go back to New York tomorrow and I would be lying if I said I was sad to see him go.

Aribella was trying to practically ruin Daniel and my life in school. People were thinking really bad things about my brother while Aribella fed them lies.

I think Daniel has come to some sort of terms with Aribella being his half-sister though he was still bombarded with questions from the school.

Aribella walks in the direction of the table that was once a very important monument in this school. The 'popular table'.

But it wasn't that anymore, seeing as Elliott and his group had moved to our table and the jocks had found their own table. While some other people had split away to smaller groups. There were only a few people who sat at that original table now.

Aribella flips her dark brown hair behind her as she takes her usual seat at that table.

It was no secret the fact that Aribella was related to Daniel and me. And it spread through the school like a wildfire.

The school was once split into 3 parts except now it was divided into 2 parts.

All of a sudden I see Winter get out her chair and walk in Aribella's. I look over at Daniel in concern and he looks back at me in the same way.