Chapter 56// "Your cheekbones are so sharp I nearly cut my hand"

"It's some sort of hallucinogenic drug, he keeps being sick and is talking absolute bullshit" Winter explains to me. I knew it must be serious seeing as I could see the concern on her face. And this girl usually hates Elliott.

I look at her for a hard moment, my eyes were burning from all the crying I had just done and here Winter was telling me that someone has drugged Elliott.

So why do I still care so much?

Winter is waiting for me to respond, I let out a long sigh.

"Where is he then?"

"Upstairs, it looks like he hasn't been in the right state of mind for the past 1 hour and now it's taken a full toll on him" She leads me to a room upstairs and as we reach a door she stops.

"Daniel and me didn't want anyone to know about Elliott being like this but he kept calling for you" Winter says. She watches my facial expression waiting for me to show some sort of emotion.

"I saw Elliott kiss Aribella" I state, trying to stop my voice from cracking.

I didn't expect Winter to look so surprised. She drops her hand from the door handle.

"Oh Cress, that's why it looks like you've been crying your eyes out"

I just shrug having no explanation.

"Well that was the last tears I am ever going to cry for Elliott. I'll see him but I don't think Elliott and I can ever be friends again"

I will be strong from now on, I won't let Elliott's sweet talk get inside my head.

Finally Winter pushes open the the room door.

Inside there was Elliott sitting the a chair, leaning his head on the side looking ghostly pale. I couldn't say he was sitting in the chair. More like the chair was the only think keeping him upright.

A sudden feeling inside my started to build up inside me and made me want to run to him and wrap my arms around him and just hold him.

No I had to be strong, be emotionless.

I see Daniel crouching beside him, looking seriously worried.

"He's burning up really badly, I think we need to take him to the hospital" Daniel states.

"mmm... don't wanna go" Elliott mutters, his eyes still closed. This was one of the first times I had seen Elliott looking so vulnerable and had his mouth shut for so long.

At the same time Aiden comes in to the room, looking slightly breathless.

"Is he okay, I knew Ryan would try something" Aiden said angrily. So it was Ryan's fault Elliott was like this. I didn't want to feel bad for Elliott; maybe a part of me wanted Elliott to suffer.

"Bro, he looks dead" Aiden comments.

Daniel glares at him "Not helping"

Even though I was seriously angry with Elliot the most part of me couldn't stand to see Elliott like this.

Aiden hands my brother a pair of car keys that were supposedly my dad's. He was letting us borrow his car, though I don't think he knows what for.

"Come on Aiden, help me get him to the car, we need to go through one of the emergency doors. We don't want anyone to see Elliott like this"

Aiden puts one of Elliott's arms over his shoulder and Daniel does the same as they try and haul him up, even though Elliott was protesting. They were dragging him along with themselves and out the room.