BONUS CHAPTER "I still get butterflies even if I've seen you a hundred times"

Author note: This is a special update. It's for the 2 year anniversary of the Quarterbacks girl, woohoo! (Though it was technically a few days ago)

The reason I have decided to upload this never seen before the chapter is because there is a secret I have been holding in this book and I thought I would announce it in the prequel. But I'm not going to write prequels and I don't think I'm going to continue with the sequel either. 

So here is the secret in this chapter I have been holding on for a long time. 

This chapter is after you know who's dead. Also, the flashback is between Elliott's death, pretty much just before prom and just after the proposal.

Thank you all for still loving this book and I think this will be the last time I update this book. 

*

"River Grayson, please stop running around" I shout at my son. I throw my arms up in the air in defeat. He was prancing around his bedroom in his underwear while I was attempting to get him ready for his first day of school. Even at the age of 5, he knew school was somewhere he didn't want to go.

And honestly, I didn't want him to go to school either. I have always protected my son so fiercely and I was terrified that someone would hurt him.

I once thought no one could hurt Elliott but we all know that wasn't true.

I also didn't want River to go to school cause the house would feel so lonely without him running around. I snap out of my thoughts knowing that I had to get him ready and take him to see Daniel before I took him to school.

"Come here little man" I lift him up and get him to stand in front of me. I tickle him slightly, which makes him giggle the corners of his blue eyes creasing as he smiles.

I have to blink twice to remember it was my son's eyes I was looking in to and not Elliott's.

I kiss him on the nose before I put on his shirt and he scrunches his nose and pushes me away from him. He uses his chubby little hand to wipe my kiss away from his nose.

I slip his shirt on and button it up for him. He really was a chubby little thing. He begins to talk about Daniel and tell me how excited he was about seeing him.

I grab the tie from the desk beside me and wrap it behind him. I begin to quickly create a tie knot. I was just about the wrap the longer end of the tie around the shorter end until I stop. I felt a small sense of déjàvu.

*****

(Flashback)

Elliott was pacing around the room; he was throwing papers together as he was also slipping his shirt on to his half-naked body. He attempts to quickly do up the buttons but realizes he's out some of them in the wrong place which makes him swear viciously. 

I lay on my stomach on my bed and used my hands to cup my chin as I looked at him. How could you look that good? Like please let me have abs like those!

His dark brown hair was in his eyes as he continued to rush around the room. He's finally buttoned up his shirt properly and he shoves a pile of paper inside his bag. He quickly turns around and nearly falls over his own feet. He quickly composes himself as he leans down to zip up our suitcase.

It's never seen him so nervous and rushed.

I finally can't take it anymore and grab his tie from the side table. I stand directly in front of him.

"Calm down Elliott" I reassure him. I stand on my tiptoes and wrap the tie around his neck and under his shirt collar. I gently and delicately twist the fabric to create the perfect knot for a tie.