Chapter 67// "Grayson, when where you going to tell me?"

Elliott and I walk through the crowd in the airport as we look for Daniel and Winter.

To my current knowledge, I don't think either of them knew about Elliott's proposal, so this meeting may be the slightest bit awkward. Elliott twirls his earring in his finger as he looks for them in the crowd. It was a habit that I also had when I was nervous.

"There, over there," Elliott tells me as he points in the direction of someone with long ginger hair. Yup, that was Winter.

She waves when she sees the both of us, and I wave back with my right hand as I hold back my left.

We still had a while left till the plane was going to take off, so we were going to go get something to eat because you know, we don't do anything else anyway.

"Wait I have something to tell you both" Elliott stops the both of them from walking in the direction of KFC.

Daniel looks at me confused and then back up to Elliott. I was trying to hold myself back from laughing.

"I proposed to Cress, last night, " Elliott says all in one breath. It was like he had been holding in this breath since we had arrived at the airport.

"We're engaged" I tell them both bringing my left hand out and seeing the ring gleam in the light.

Winter gasps and then squeals and pulls me in for a hug. Eventually, she pulls back and it looked like she was going to start bouncing up and down.

"That's it someone get me an Elliott, I'm willing to pay any price " Winter says out loud in all seriousness.

I look up at Daniel who was watching me carefully.

"Daniel..." I begin but he cuts me off.

"Are you happy?" He asks gently in the most brotherly fashion.

And that's when I can't hold back the bright smile any longer "I couldn't be happier"

"Actually you could, if we were married right now" Elliott points out. "And I'm also not happy because they don't have a bloody McDonalds here"

"So you're not angry or anything" I ask Daniel as we all ignore Elliott's complains about the food.

"Nah I've known about it for ages. You really think Elliott wouldn't tell me? Except Elliott told me he was going to propose to you at prom"

"At prom. How cliché" I look at Elliott who was probably trying to come up with something to say that made him sound all tough and cool.

"I just didn't imagine Elliott would ever propose to a girl ever. I don't think anyone ever imagined that" Daniel shrugs.

"I'm full of surprises" Elliott adds. I really hope not.

"Wait who else knew?" I ask him now suddenly curious.

"Well, of course, Alec, Aiden, Carter, and Conner" He stops just before Conner's name and I hear his voice waver.

"And your dad, I thought you would want to tell your mom yourself and my mom doesn't know either but my dad does" Elliott explains.

"My dad knows?" I ask raising an eyebrow, now this was a story I wanted to hear and by the look on Elliott's face it didn't go too smoothly.

"Yes, he's been in town for the past while so just thought I would ask for his blessing. Though I didn't really care about his response"

"You should have seen dad's face Cress, I think he went purple. But what dad wouldn't? His 18-year-old daughter was getting engaged to a delinquent"