Chapter 5 He makes me feel normal...

Zoey's POV

"Umm... Sure you can come up to my room." Jeremy said and turned around and up the stairs. I hesitated but followed him. We got to his room. Jeremy sat on his bed and I walked over to his window looking out into the starry skies.

"Why did you guys ditch me Jeremy?" I said with real hurt.

"Damon and Stefan said to come here, because you were dangerous..." Jeremy said quietly.

"Jer... I don't know why but.... I seriously dont feel, sense, or think of you as my food... Like, yes I can see your heartbeat but I dont feel a strong bloodlust towards you. It's very strange... My fathers has taught me about the bloodlust all my life and yes I did kill those two people earlier, but I swear they felt like prey. You Jeremy, feel like an equal. I would never in all of my eternity of being such a monster hurt you. I've never felt this emotion that I feel towards you Jeremy. Yes, I've only known you for like a day but I feel like I've known you all my life. And when I saw you in the Grill earlier.... I. I felt--" I gasped and stopped talking. My body went rigid. Another vampire was downstairs.

"I'm sorry. I have to go. But just remember, I. Will not. Hurt You Jer. Good bye." I said quickly and then walked quickly down the stairs to see Elena, Damon, Stefan, and Jenna. I hurridly walked past them all and out the door. I had a single tear falling down my cheek.

I didn't want to be a monster but with Jeremy, I felt normal.

I felt human....