Chapter 16

*Zoey's POV

"Can I at least know why you left?" I asked curiously. I am currently talking to Klaus over the phone.

"Darling, I'm sorry but no. I wan't you to stay there in Mystic Falls. I have things to figure out, and I don't really want you here." He told me. I sighed.

"Fine. Well, since you wont tell me why, then I have to go. I have important things to do, important people to see. Bye." I said and quickly pressed the end button.

"Having daddy problems?" Damon asked me as he poured himself a cup of bourbon. I stared at him, not really comprehending what he just said.

"What?" I asked in confusion after a minute.

"Really? You're a vampire and you didn't hear me? Wow. Your head must be defective or something." He stated. I rolled my eyes.

"My head is not defective! I just wasn't really paying attention to what you said." I said matterfactly and took his cup and gulped the alcohol down before Damon had the chance to take the cup back from me. I handed him his cup back. I smirked at his priceless face.

"Mmm... I needed that. Thanks Damon." I said and vampire speeded out of the house. Since I don't have to be the one to watch over the rotting Elena, I have an appointment with a Bennet witch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Bonnie." I said quietly and slid into the little booth.

"Hello Zoey." She responded.

"So why exactly am I here?" I questioned.

"You know how Silas wants me to lower the veil?" She questioned me. I nodded.

"Well it seems there is still one thing that I need to actually lower it." Bonnie said quietly.

"And that is?" I asked.

"You."

*A/N*

...Hi...

I'm very sorry that its been like months since I last updated and keep you guys in suspence. I switched schools like around October/November, and I finally just got caught up a couple weeks ago. And I didn't even actually know that people like this story so much, and then when I got on this morning I saw how many views and votes I have for this story. But I'm back on, and ready to keep updating!!

I'm sorry I disappeared on you guys. I promise it wont happen again!!

Sincerely,

Staci

Please vote, comment, or follow me!