Chapter 23

The summer is over and Stefan and I have been pretty much all over the world. It has been really amazing. Right now we are back in America. California is so beautiful. I really love the beach.

"Hey Zo." His voice called out to me. I looked up and saw him. I got off the sandy beach and walked up to Stefan.

"Whats up?" I asked. He pulled me to him. I giggled as I felt his lips touch mine. I closed my eyes and deepened the kiss. He pulled away to trail kisses down my neck. Suddenly his lips were gone, the heat from the sun was gone, and I was very parched.

I quickly opened my eyes to see that I was in someones basement.

"What the hell." I croaked and pulled myself off of the ground. I struggled as I slowly made my way out of the little house. I walked into the street. I was practicly in the middle of no where and the sun was starting to come up. I started off in no particular way down the road.

After a while, I heard the screeching of car tires and then a crash. I tripped on my own feet and fell. I slowly looked up over at the road, a smell masking over the smell of smoke. The smell compelled me to get off of the ground and stumble my way down the road and to the crash site.

I saw a guy laying on the ground and I pushed him over onto his back.

"Jeremy?" I croaked. He was bleeding and all I wanted to do was sink my teeth into his jugular, but I resisted. I then struggled as I pulled him away from the burning car. My hands slipped from his arm and I fell backwards onto the ground knocking the air from my lungs.

I heard footsteps approach me and Jeremy. I tried to see who it was but my vision had become blurry.

"Zoey. Look at me." A familiar voice said. I moaned and tried to concentrate. Something dripped over my mouth and I licked my lips. The substance consumed me and I growled as I quickly sat up. I saw that Jeremy was farther away from me and a man was kneeling next to me. I focused on him and realised it was Damon.

"D-damon? I can't believe it." I whispered and then attacked him in a hug.

"I don't know w-whats happening Damon. O-one minute I was on a-a beach with S-stefan and then I blink and I'm d-decaying in someones basement." I whispered into his shoulder. I realised something and then pushed him away.

"Where's Stefan? Is he okay?" I questioned Damon. He frowned.

"I was wondering if you could tell me that." He said.

----------------------

"I have no idea on where he could be." I said irritatedly. I'm trying to think of the point in time where Silas could have snatched Stefan up, but I was coming up with nothing. I gulped down my seventh cup of blood.

"Well dont strain yourself." Damon said sarcastcly. I rolled my eyes and kept thinking. I jumped up excitedly.

"I think I know where he is!" I squealed.

"Where?" Damon questioned.

"The full moon, he threw Silas in the lake. He was acting strange, but at the time I thought it was because Lexi was put back on the Other Side. Stefan must be in the quarry, Damon!" I told him.

"I'm already checking into that, but we-" He paused and got his phone out. Damon then walked away and pulled his phone to his ear.

"Hey Elena." He said happily. Okay, I'm done listening now. I got up and went and grabbed another blood bag. Instead of pouring the blood into my cup I just started sipping from the bag, and walked back upstairs.

"Shit." Damon cursed.

"Whats wrong?" I asked. He grabbed his keys and his leather jacket.

"Come on Zo." He told me and left the house. I grabbed my jacket and followed him out to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"College." Damon said and started his car.