Conflict

Neither one of us said a word the entire ride home. I was wondering what was up with him... We pulled into the driveway and he yawned and stretched after putting it in park.

"I'm exhausted, but thank you for coming with me tonight." He said leaning in to kiss me but I turned so he got my cheek.
"What's wrong darling?" He asked.
"Why are you being so over protective Luke?" I asked mad.
"Kelly... Don't ask questions..." He said.
"Luke! I think I have the right to know why I couldn't talk to the girls."
"Kelly I asked you to drop it." He said pissed.

I got out of the truck and walked to the front door all pissed off. He came and unlocked the door he went in and threw his keys and kicked his boots off. I took my jacket off and hung it up and then took my shoes off.

"I'm sleeping on the couch..." He said.
"Luke I didn't come down here to sleep alone."

He stood there looking at me. He shook his head and went to go into the living room.

"Just tell me Luke." I said.

"They are going to tell you I'm not worth your time! They are going to tell you all I do is cheat! They are going to try and talk you out of being with me as much as possible because they don't think I should of left Coraline for you. They think it was the dumbest decision of my life Kelly! I don't trust them alone with you yet I want us all to hang out so they get to know you and fall in love with you just like I have. They all still talk to her... Just don't start, I don't want them influencing you to break up with me or worse having something of you being underage and drinking or what not and have it posted where your parents can see it." He said.

"Luke, listen I love you not one person or thing will ever make me fall out of love with you. I want to marry you, I want to have a family with you but I need you to be able to trust me and I want to become friends with them. I'm going to go out with them tomorrow night like they asked." I said.

"Well looks like I'll be pissed then... Thanks for ruining this evening Kelly..."
"Luke you're hiding something!"
"No I'm not...." He said and looked away.
"I can't believe you are lying right to my face..." I said and walked up to his bedroom. I went into he bathroom and put my hair up in a messy bun and took most of my makeup off. I changed into one of his shirts so I was just in it and underwear like my usual bed attire.

When I came out he was changing into jeans and a tee shirt.

"Where the hell are you going?" I asked him.
"Out to drink Kelly I can't stand girls like you always thinking something is wrong."

He left and slammed the door. I heard the front door slams and then I looked out to see him getting in his truck before I knew it he was out of the driveway. I sat on the bed and started crying.... I don't get what is wrong with him. I love him and he can't realize that.

*****

I sat up all night waiting for him. It was 6 in the morning when I heard him come in. I went and looked down the steps and Jason was with him.

"I messed things up Jase." Luke said. Jason looked at me with an apologetic look on his face.
"Go sleep it off Luke." Jason said. They walked towards the living room. I went down quietly and Jason had got him to the couch and Luke laid on his stomach. Jason took Likes hat and boots off. He turned to see me. We both walked into the kitchen.

"He's drunk huh..." I said.
"Very he came to my house and kept drinking...Jess and I can bring his truck over later" he said.
"Okay thanks."
"You guys okay?" He asked.
"He's upset about my age I guess...."
"He's worried the girls will get you into trouble and with you being underage and wanting to go to medical school he doesn't want that happening."
"Do they really like Coraline better?" I asked.

He sighed and sat on the bar stool.

"Listen Kelly they were together for awhile. We all love Coraline, it's going to take some getting use to. I promise you it'll al work out in the end. Just please don't leave him, he's head over heels for you." He said.
"Okay...ill tough it out."
"That a girl. I have to get home to Jess and the girls, hopefully I'll see you before you leave" he said. He gave me a hug.
"Thank you." I told him.
"Anything for Luke." He said as he went and walked out the door.

********
11 votes
4 comments
Sorry it's short y'all! I've been pretty busy with the holidays and school. I'll try to update again soon!