Home

We went back home 5 days later. It was a Wednesday night. That Thursday I had a game.  The scout from Penn State, a Georgia college, and a Tennessee college were all going to be there. Luke told me to keep my options open. I got accepted into all the schools. We landed and walked out. My dad, mom and the boys were there to pick us up. The boys had made a cute little sign saying 'welcome home mommy and daddy' . They saw us and dropped the signed and booked it over. We both knelt down and hugged them. I picked up Bo and he picked up Tate.

"Miss us?" Luke asked and they both nodded fast.
"Did you guys have fun?"  I asked them.
"Yes! We went to the movies and the malls and then we got toys! And..." Luke cut them off.

******
When we got home it was 1130. The boys were both asleep. We each carried one in and put them in bed.

"I need to go shower and go to bed." I told Luke.
"Okay I'm going to go get a drink and do the same I'll come over before I go to sleep." He said kissing me and my dad was walking into the hall. He cleared his throat.
"Oh Uhm sorry sir..." Luke said.
"Kells can I borrow Luke for a second?" My dad asked.
"Uh sure daddy I was just telling him goodnight anyways. Take me to school tomorrow?" I asked looking at Luke.
"Maybe I'll see if they can listen for the boys within that half hour." He said and smiled.
"Thanks again for going kells. It was fun. Glad I had someone there who didn't push for it to be about her and enjoyed my music."

My dad had a smile. But he broke it when Luke looked at him. What the hell happened now.,.

**Lukes POV**

Kelly went into her room and I went to follow
Her dad downstairs.

"No Luke up here." He said going to the attic door. I looked behind me to see if kells was watching. Nope...
"Uh okay..." I said nervous.
"Luke if I was going to kill you id either one have done it by now or two would do it in the woods." He said and laughed. I brushed it off I was so nervous.
"And the only way I'd kill ya if my daughter was pregnant but I know damn well yinz aren't sleeping together." He said glaring at me.
"No sir!" I said as I followed him up.

When we reached the top I was in shock. It was like a small apartment. There was a little kichenet, a bar with stools then a tiny living room with a tv and a couch. I saw 3 doors. We walked over one was a full bath the other 2 were decent size bedrooms. Then there was a small sitting area...

"Luke this was all just redone while you guys were away... The boys Don't know but they were always working while we were gone. I'd like to offer this to you guys, this doesn't go over our room so don't worry about that. I know you and Kelly are serious, probably more serious than I'd like. However you guys can have this if you want it. No matter where she picks for college this is yours when you guys come home if yinz want it if not I'm going to let Mike and Emily live here and then yinz can stay the normal way with the expectation of you sleeping now in here room." He said I was shocked.
"This is amazing thank you so so much!" I said amazed.
"However I'd have to talk to kells..." I said.

"That's fine just let me know as soon as possible."
"Yes sir..." I said. Then I felt his hand go on my shoulder.
"Thomas you're a good guy please don't think I love you like the rest of the family but you are starting to grow on me and you make my little girl very happy. I trust you with her and that's why I'm going to break our rules you can sleep in the same room with her and have the doors closed but I catch you two having sex or in the shower or not dressed in the same room I will not ever let you back in... Also I will knock and give you 1 minute if you guys don't answer okay."

I was so surprised.

"Sir I'd never do anything under your roof let alone with you being home." I said which was a lie I have and still would.
"Good Luke, now get some rest and yes we can listen for the boys in the morning."
"Thank you so much sir."

He walked down... I sat there looking around... I reached into my shorts pocket and grabbed the ring box. I opened it and stared at it...

"What the hell am I thinking...she's only 17...Bro...Sis I need your help here... Why do I do? How can I love someone so young? How can I start my life over again... How can I do this to the boys...how can I,"

"Babe what is all of this?" I heard Kelly say my back was towards the door/ I closed the ring box and pushed it down in the chair. I jumped up.

"Hey darling. Uh your dad did this for us..."
"What...?"
"It's a long story. Let's get some rest." I said.
"Luke who were you talking to and what were you hiding?"
"Just my brother and sister... Nothing baby just a note my sister wrote me years ago. Go down to your room your father gave me permission to sleep with you in your room. I'll tell you everything okay." I said.

**********

10 votes
3 comments