Scales

CHRIS

the old man stretched out his hand, the same wicked grin still spread across his wrinkly face, and touched a swirling gray orb on one side of the scale and it materialized into Thalia. She seemed groggy and, out of focus? I couldn't manage a scream, it was so unnatural. I watched in horror as the old man took Thalia off her pedestal and threw her into the air. She no longer wore white, or had wings. Instead she was wearing a pair of ripped up black jeans, a black tee shirt, and her combat boots which were now completely black with silver buckles and studs. Her face contorted in pain as she turned her back to me in mid air, and a pair of raven black wings sprouted from her backside. She levitated next to the Overseer and was unable to move in any direction.

Next, the Overseer used his other hand to take the swirling orb of light and transformed it into Phil. He was wearing the same clothes he came here, they were only rattier and more dirty than before. He levitated next to Thalia. He looked to be bound with invisible ropes, he was wriggling around but couldn't separate his arms or legs from each other.

"Well, who is it going to be, Chris? Thalia or Phi, Which one will be going into the Pit?" The Overseer said to me.

"I...i...Me, let it be me. Stop tormenting Phil and Thalia I love them both too much to let you hurt them," I replied after my stuttering.

"So you would say you would even, die for them?" He said.

"Yes," I replied with no hesitation.

"But, would you live for them?" He asked me. This time, I did not feel a pull in my stomach, instead I felt like a weight was being lifted off my shoulders when I replied, "Of course I would. I would do anything to save them."

"Very well but I ask you one more question. Would you live on for all of the friends you've lost even if it means everything is not okay?" He asked me.

"Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" I yelled.

"Okay then, you are free my son," he said to me.

The Overseer touched my forehead with his pointer finger and my eyes closed. It felt as if I was falling, falling for miles. I suddenly didn't feel like I was falling anymore. Instead, my eyes flew open and I was greeted by the face of one of my friends by my bedside, Phil.

__________________________

This is NOT the end! And P.S there will be a SEQUEL!!!!!

Miss me?

Kickthestickzonfireamazingphan-Devin