Prologue

"Good morning sweety..." dad said to me as I was in the bed.

" dad, just give me 5 minutes more." I said with my eyes close.

Dad tickles me in neck.

"Wake up honey, you need to go to school.."

"Ok dad, just wait for me downstairs."

Morning is my favorite part of the day. Dad always wake me up and tickle me if I go back to bed. Dad is my partner in crime, we always bond and talk about secrets that mom shouldn't know.

"Hey sweety, didn't you know that there's someone who is looking for a teenager who doesn't know how to dance?"

"Dad!, did I tell you that I don't want to join in any contest even though it's for the teen's like me?"

"That's okay, there's nothing wrong with trying."

I really don't know how to dance, it's just I love sports, and nothing other than that. Singing and acting are none of my favourites. I love playing basketball, tennis, and most especially Volleyball.

When I got home from school, I suddenly heard mom and dad shouting with each other. It's my first time to hear them arguing.

"Now tell me, if you really want to be with your family out there, now go.... go.... leave us..." mom said shouting to dad.

"Ok fine, if you really want me to leave, then I leave! " dad answered back.

Dad suddenly packed up his things and as he go downstairs I followed him.

"Dad," I said while I was starting to cry.

He stopped and look back.

"Please don't leave us, talk with mom and tell her to forgive you."

"Kaelyn, listen to me, you don't really know what happened."

" do you love me?" I look at him with a teary eyes.

"Yes of course honey, I do love you."

" if you love me, then why are you leaving me?"

"No, no, no, I will come back. Sooner or later, it's just temporary, when the day where your mom and I will be okay, our family will be fine."

"Promise?"

"Promise, trust me, I will come back." He said to me as he was raising his hand next to his shoulder.

Many days have passed, months, and years. Dad didn't come back, and so mom decided to move in Englishtownm New Jersey.