Chapter 10

"Hey Montana!" I opened the front door and she walked in.

"Hey" She threw her shoes off and raced up the stairs with me to my room.

"So how was your birthday with the Booker's?"Montana asked whilelooking through her phone. She let herself fall onto my bed like if it was hers,and I was okay with that.

"Oh you know it was like any regular family birthday party" I beamed at beingable to call the Booker's my family. I walked over to my vanity table andgrabbed a pony tail, my hair just wasn't working with me for some odd reasontoday.Montana sighed in frustration and threw her phone at my pillow.

"What's up with you?" I asked while playing with my pony tail.

"I just want summer to come already!" She rolled over and flopped off thebed.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw her little head pop out from the otherside of the bed on the floor. Her hair was covering her face making her looklike one of those dogs that had a little too much hair and could easily bemistaken for a walking rug. She's trying blowing her hair out of the way butfailed.

"Stop laughing and help me get up!"Montana stuck her hands out so I wouldhelp her get up. I helped her get up with a grunt.

"You know its only two more weeks until school's out" I headed towards thebathroom and shut the door close leaving Montana back on the bed lookinglike she was debating between something.

Montana's POV

It was a classic Sunday afternoon. I waited for Kaelyn to get out of thebathroom so we could go watch a movie down stairs. I felt something vibratenext to me and I saw Kaelyn's phone. The screen read James. I felt my stomachturn into a knot. James wouldn't text me, let a lone talk to me in person. Butwith James it was completely different ,Even though she was my friend andeveryone knew that. He didn't ignore her or blow her off completely not evengiving her the time of day like Camila, Ally or Lauren.

I heard Kaelyn turn on the sink.She was going to come out any minute now. Igrabbed her phone and checked the message.

Hey.

I quickly replied to him telling him to meet me, or well Kaelyn at the park inhalf an hour that I was bored and had nothing to do. I knew what I was doingwas wrong and it pained me that I was hurting the girl that I told she couldtrust me. But I still wasn't ready for James to move on from me, hell I hadn'tmoved on from him. I always wished we had, had a real chance instead ofbeing in the spotlight. I sent the text and threw her phone back on the bed.

I looked at the phone and I knew that the only way that James would stopgoing after her was if I was the obstacle. The rumors had to be true right?Everyone said he was still into me, so he shouldn't be out looking for Kaelyn..

Lacey's POV

"Okay im ready to go watch the movie!"Montana hopped off the bed andfollowed me to the living room where our 52' flat screen rested on the wall. Imade some quick pop corn and made sure to add extra butter.

"Okay which should we watch?"Montana had two movies in her hand. I AmNumber Four or Titanic.

"Damn Montana, this is a hard decision. I mean Leonardo Di Caprio is justYummy on a stick, but on the other hand Alex Pettyfer is like licking icing off acake"

Not that I wouldn't mind licking icing off him..

"Umm lets just go with.. Titanic, I feel like seeing something that will touchthe heart." I said dramatically while sitting next to Montana.

The movie ended about 9:00 just when Montana's mom had arrived. We saidour good bye's and I headed up stairs and got ready for bed.

I snuggled into my covers and grabbed my phone and checked for anymessages. There were four new ones.

Sent:6:00

James

Hey im at the park, text me when you're here.

I wrinkled my eyebrows, why was James waiting for me at the park? Must be amistake, I thought.

Sent: 6:45

James

Are you still coming?

Okay this was getting weirder and weirder by the text, I never told James tomeet me at the park let alone he never invited me to go meet him there!

Sent: 7:30

James

It's getting late I cant wait for you any longer I gotta go home.

He waited at the park for one and a half hours? I felt myself feel bad eventhough I never told him to meet me there. I checked the last text there was onmy phone.

Sent:8:30

James

I cant believe you stood me up like that, you could of at least told me youweren't going. And I thought you weren't that kind of girl

I didn't have to be there to know that he felt hurt. But it didn't make sense! Inever even texted him! There was absolutely no record of a text message thatI had sent him in my phone! This had to be a misunderstanding because Iwould never stand someone up. Even if I couldn't make it somewhere I wouldhave the decency to at least tell them. I felt my heart tighten up at the thought of actually hurting him. He had been nothing but nice to me since Igot here. He must hate me ..even though I didn't do anything. Where did heget off thinking I told him to meet me at the park? I looked at the clock to seeif it was too late to maybe call him and clear things up. I looked at the time onmy phone, ten forty five. Time had really gotten away from me. It was too lateto call him and I honestly don't think talking things over text was going tosolve anything. Ill just talk to him tomorrow at gym. I thought keeping mythoughts at ease.

I scrolled through my phone and looked at the twitter app. I pressed it andremembered when Liam made my phone go psycho when he downloaded it.

I looked at my profile and noticed I had 636 followers. I felt my eyes go wide,that many people were following me? There were lots of questions on mymentions box and I didn't know whether to answer them all!