Chapter 9

We had ended up coming back to the other girls and slept the rest of the night like ifwhat had happened before was something years in the past.

That morning I woke up with the biggest bags under my eyes I had ever seen. Myhair was a mess and I had morning breath to top it all off.

I saw the other girls starting to wake up and shuffle in their sleeping bags.

Ally's hair was sticking up in different directions and Camila was shielding herselffrom the light like a just awakened vampire that was coming in through Montana'swindow.

I saw I had a text from Mom.

Mommy;

Picking you up at 10:45 Were having dinner at the Booker's for your birthdaydinner J

I looked at the clock on Montana's nightstand. It read 10:30, really? 15 minutes totry and not scare the living daylights out of everyone in the room or kill them withmy rotten zombie breath?

"Hey Montana my mom just sent me a text saying she's picking me up at 10:45"

I saw Montana shuffle through a pile of covers and pillows until her head just poppedout with hair all over her face.

"Huh? Yea?" and she plopped back onto to drowning pile of pillows and covers.

Everyone was in drifting in and out of sleep leaving me awake by myself. I figuredMontana would remember she even spoke to me by the time she woke up. So Ilooked through her desk for a post in and a pencil. I quickly wrote a note and stuckit on her forehead. I giggled realizing Montana was snoring AND drooling! I started rolling up my sleeping bag when I saw a text from my mom saying that she waswaiting outside in the car since she didn't want to wake anyone in the house up. Ipacked my things and whispered a quick good bye and headed down the coldstoned stairs.

"Dinner is in 15 minutes with the Booker's and your not ready?!" My momexclaimed from my door. I was just finishing applying some eyeliner and grabbingmy phone.

"It'll take me 5 minutes! I swear!" I quickly finished applying the eyeliner andgrabbed my phone and bolted for the door where my mom was waiting with ascowl on her face.

I gave her a "Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do" look and opened the door to thecar.

The car ride felt horribly long, like the roads stretched on forever and the trafficlights seemed to stay on red for hours. I felt the excitement increase every minute. Iloved going to the Booker's house it was always something full of excitement!

We were finally ringing the door to the Booker's door. Before we were eveninside I was engulfed by 3 warm bodies strangling me half to death.

"Happy Birthdaaayy!"

I didn't have to even look up to know it was Alessandra, Bianca and Liam.

I let them keep hugging me until I thought I couldn't take it any longer.

"Okay you guys if you want to let me actually live through my 13th birthday youshould let me go now!" I said in a muffled voice. It was sort of gross though my facewas in someone's armpit. And I was pretty sure it was Liam's.

"Liam im pretty sure my face Is in your armpit!"They finally all stepped back letting me breathe. My mom and Ethan were alreadyinside and sitting down while we were still in the front of the yard.

I saw Liam's ears get a little pink from my remark about my face being in hisarmpit.

We walked in laughing into the house. We all went downstairs to the basement and turned on the radio. Sledgehammer wasplaying and we all started belting out to it.

"Oh! OH!" Bianca started saying over and over sounding like a monkey.

"Fifth Harmony does an AMAZING cover to this song!" And before we could sayanything she ran up the stairs to do who knows what. I threw my phone on thecouch since we all started dancing or in my case attempting to dance since I was asgood of a dancer as a sack of potatoes. Yeah I sucked, I couldn't dance for my life, Icould probably win the Olympics faster than being able to do something thatwasn't completely embarrassing while dancing.

"Im going to go get some refreshments down here, will you help me Lacey?" Ifollowed Al upstairs and left Vinny all alone listening to the radio.

Liam's POV (Point Of View)

I was left alone in the basement. Music kept blaring in my ears,making my head bobup and down to the beat. I threw myself on the couch and closed my eyes andlistened to the radio. I was in complete peace when I felt something vibrate on mylower back section.

"What the-?" I got up and saw I was on top of someone's phone. It had a new text, itread

James ;D

I stared at the phone not touching it. I felt a over whelming curiosity come over me.I usually never even thought about reading other people's texts, but I was prettysure this was Kaelyn's phone. She was probably friends with James I mean she did goto his party and he did sort of decorate for her birthday, but it wasn't a proper birthday party. I picked up her phone, I knew this wasn't right but the curiosity waseating me alive. I opened the text message with a quick flick of my finger. I felt myheart beating against my ears as I read the text.

Hey ;) did you like the little surprise birthday party??:) Oh and I think I have to teachyou how to give a proper hug because you really need to improve! :P

I threw the phone back where it was and closed the text message. Of course James was going to go after her! She's a new face in school and a pretty one at that so hewas going to go after her! Everyone knew that there was still something betweenhim and Montana though! I couldn't stand the thought of Kaelyn ending up with herheart broken. I mean James was like a brother to me and I would do anything forhim, but I swear if I saw Kaelyn cry I would break. I heard foot steps coming down thestairs so I quickly sat back down and started acting like I was just on my phone. Iusually never acted like this! What the heck was wrong with me!?

Kaelyn's POV

I came down with two cups of pop, one for me and one for him.

"Hey watcha up to?" I told Liam while sitting next to him on the couch. He put hisphone down and looked back at me "Oh you know just on Twitter....Wait you haveone right?"

I shook my head no, I had heard of it but didn't really know how it worked. Liam'seyes got wide and he grabbed my wrist.

"We need to get you a Twitter PRONTO!" Just then Bianca comes down with thelaptop in her hands.

"I found the video! Get ready to hear the BEST singer ever!"

She sat down in between us and clicked play on the video. It was a man probablyearly twenties with sandy beach hair, he didn't look like he was a professionalsinger or anything he just had some headphones in and a microphone. He started singing Titanium, let me just say I usually don't get so excited over a song but theway he was singing this song just made me really feel each note.

The song ended leaving me with my jaw almost to the floor.

"He's amazing!"

"You mean Holy talento!" I looked at Vinny with confused eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------