Chapter 6

"Kaewyn" I felt a little tug on my arm.

"Kaewyn"I cracked open one of my eyes. I saw George in a little black T-shirt that had a rocketship. I through my legs over the bed and grabbed George and sat him on my lap.

"Good morning George"

George is only three so he's starting to form sentences but his pronouncing is still alittle...well not the best.

"Mowning Kaewyn"I ruffled his hair and then placed my chin on his head and just sat there for amoment.

Today was my first volley game, today was the day I had to prove I was worth beingon the team.

" Okay George lets go eat breakfast." I picked him up and carried him down thestairs.

I looked around the kitchen surprised that mom wasn't there.

"Moom?" I yelled into the house.

I put George down and looked at the fridge there was a bright green post it note withwriting on it.

"Gone out to buy groceries be back in an hour."

I sighed and got cereal and milk out for George and I and sat him on a stool by theisland in the kitchen. I filled our bowls and we started eating our crunchy CocoPuffs.

I turned on the Tv in the kitchen and we watched Sponge bob flipping theirresistible crabby patties. I heard the front door open and shut close.

"Mom?" I asked and stopped eating my cereal."Yea? I'm home by the way" I heard mom put down the groceries and take off hershoes.

"Im just going to put these groceries away and then were leaving for your game, sogo get ready!" I grabbed George's bowl and mine and quickly put them in the sink. Iran upstairs to get my volleyball shorts and shirt on. I put my long light brown hairin a pony tail and added some extra deodorant on me and was set. I grabbed mysweatpants and put them over my shorts and my favorite hoodie and literally sliddown the stairs...again.

"Kaelyn you really need to be less klutzy I don't even know how you can playvolleyball without tripping over your own feet." My mom told me helping me upwith a concerned look on her face.

We got into the car and drove to the sports center where the volleyball tournamentwas being held at. I put my headphones in and started listening to some of myfavorite songs like Miss moving on by Fifth Harmony. I closed my eyes and relaxedknowing that I had to prove that I was worth being on this team. I needed to get aplace in this school and the faster I could fit in the better.

"Kaelyn were here." I looked out the car window and saw the other players going in. Iopened the car door and braced myself for the worst that could happen since badluck seems to be on my side at all times. I walked towards the door and opened itnot knowing how it was going to turn out.

"It's a Make it or break it moment." I muttered under my breath and went in.

~ ~ ~

"Did you see that spike I was able to block?!" I exclaimed excitedly as we pulled intothe parking lot of Albivi's

"Of course how could I miss it! You definitely were a good addition to the team!" Mymom said as she opened the door to the restaurant.

"Hello, welcome to Albivi's how many will it be?" asked the hostess who had herhair up in a short pony tail.

"3 please" my mother answered in a calm voice while still smiling up at me.

We sat on our table and looked at the menu. I immediately went to the pastasection feeling like eating something with a rich buttery taste.

"Hello my name is Stacy and I will be your server today, what may I get you?"