Chapter 13

One week of summer had successfully passed by with me lazing around thehouse,eating food and going to friends houses.

Montana had invited Ally, Camila and I to go to the park by my house. I looked inthe mirror and saw my wet hair dampening my tight blue t-shirt. I lifted the softfabric over my head and searched my closet for another one. Just as i had foundanother shirt and pulled it over my head i heard the doorbell ring.

" I'll get it!" i yelled as i rushed down the stairs. I saw George at the kitchen tablecoloring in some new coloring book mom must've gotten for him when she wentgrocery shopping.

You see Ally and I had decided we wanted to hang out at my place for about anhour before we went to the park.

Ally came in with a smile on her face and a pair of perfectly white and straightteeth.

"hey!" Ally greeted cheerfully.

"hey! ,lets go upstairs to my room and chill out there." I shut the front door and we both headed for my room. It had been six months sincewe had gotten settled here and it felt like this had always been my home. i sawCrystal sit on my bed with the purple comforter wrinkle under her.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Ally

"Oh no,I'm fine." I nodded and put my iPod on its dock and started playing somemusic.

Awkward silence filled the room making us both extremely uncomfortable.

"I need to tell you something...since I well...I know you like James"

my breath caught in my throat.

"wha-" I began saying but Ally cut me off before I could even deny everything.

"Montana likes him"she blurted out."

I know she does they might even get back together. I shrugged my shoulders likeit was no big deal. Which it wasn't because I DIDN'T like James. Any feelings therewere between us were completely friendship based.

Ally shrugged her shoulders in defeat as the look I gave her closed the argument. I looked at the time on my phone, fifteen minutes until we had to be at the park.

"Let's start heading to the park." We got up and headed out the door.

As soon as I stepped out I felt the warm summer breeze heat my shoulders from mycool air conditioned house. I looked over my shoulder as Ally and I startedwalking to the park.

The skies were the prettiest shade of light blue you could imagine. It was really theperfect day. I started bouncing the basketball I had brought with me so we couldplay on the courts next to the park. We neared the park and I could start to makeout some of the playground equipment. Lucky for us it was completely empty! Ally and I went on the swings relaxing a bit and re-living old childhoodmemories.

"It's such a perfect day for the park! I just hope we don't have to wait for Montanaand Camila for long." I nodded my head in agreement.I closed my eyes and relaxed as I swung like a pendulum on the swing set.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard two very familiar voices. I got up andturned around to see a tree behind me and just a little ways a way there was benchneatly concealed with two people sitting together. I peaked in between the treesand paused before going through them when I was able to recognize the voices iwas listening to. I could barely make out the back of the heads of the people butthere was no doubt about who it was.

James and Montana,they were deep in conversation and it seemed like things weretense between them.

" I know I'm not the only one that feels these feelings!" I saw how you looked at meat your party. "

"Montana don't you get it? I wasn't looking at you I was looking at Lacey! It's alwaysbeen Kaelyn! " James waved his hands and stood up from the bench.

"I know you still have feelings for me." Montana whispered. She stood up andmoved right next to James.

"What are you talki-" But before James could finish Montana's lips came crashingdown on his perfect shaped ones.

I felt a loud gasp leave my mouth and saw James finally push her away. They bothlooked in my direction.

"Kaelyn?" James moved closer to where I was.I quickly spun around on my heel and sprinted towards the edge of the playground.

From the corner of my eye I saw James running after me.

"Kaelyn it's not what you think!" I felt him gaining on me until I felt his hand grab myarm and spin me around to face him. The look of surprise on his face when he sawmine made him drop my arm. My face was streaked with a couple of fresh tears thathad found they're way onto my cheeks.

"Kaelyn" he breathed out slowly. I turned hiding my face and started running again.All the thoughts that were swirling in my head, what Ally had said, everything.

It was true.

I did indeed like James. A lot actually and it had taken me to long to figure out. Andnow it was too late because everyone else had figured it out. If Ally did...then..Montana would of for sure known. I dug my feet harder into the ground with everystep as anger flared up in me. And I didn't stop till I had slammed the door home.

__________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________

its almost done...... 5 more chapters to go....!!! :)