Chapter 5

The week had been nothing but chaos after that. I got lost more than oncegetting to class since I told Montana she didn't have to drop me off anymoreand then with volleyball game this Saturday I just couldn't be happier that itwas already Friday and that I was going to the mall with the girls. Its beenexactly 1 week and going back to California is starting to seem like a fleetingdream. To top it all off my friends from California are already even distancing themselves and I hear less and less from them.

The bell rung and I ran to my locker collecting my things and heading towardsthe door, Montana and the other girls were going to meet me at the mall at3:30 for some shopping.

I saw my moms car in line so I ran to it and got in.

"Think you can drop me at the mall in half an hour?" I asked my mother

"Remember as long as you have George with you at all times and that meansyou don't take your eye off of him at all"

"Yeah, yeah" I looked out the window to see James waving at some of his friends goodbye and couldn't help but stare a little.

We pulled up on our driveway and I got George to come inside with me too sohe could have an early dinner at home and wouldn't be complaining aboutbeing hungry when we were out shopping.

"Come on George finish your macaroni or were going to be late!" I tapped myfingers on the table as he scooped up the last bit of noodles and plopped it into his mouth.

"Mooomm! Were ready!" I yelled so she could hear me from upstairs. I heardher footsteps coming down the stairs so I grabbed George and got his shoes on. We got into the car and I felt my phone vibrate, it was Chelsea I looked at thetext.

"Hey things have been..a little busy over here and I sorta have to tell yousomething but before we get onto that whats up with you??

My fingers flew as I typed back.

"Good just going to the mall with some friends, and did you see Jake Carlson's relationship status? What little whore is he dating now?Ughh I hatehim and the little bitch he's dating."

I hit send and watched the stoplight turn green and my mom keep goingstraight.

BZZZZ my phone went and I checked the text message.

"she is NOT a bitch or a whore! I can't believe you would say that! I thoughtyou were over him after what he did to you!"

I finished reading the text feeling incredibly pissed off I meant what the hell,she should be siding with me! Not that d'bag!

"Fine side with her just don't expect me to be nice to either of you if yourgoing to act this way" I hit send and put my phone in my pocket as my momstopped right in front of the mall. George and I got out and we said out goodbyes to our mom and walked into the mall. I checked my phone and sawthat I didn't have any messages from Chelsea and you know what I was glad because I didn't want to talk to someone like her right now. My phone read 3:29 I grabbed George's little hand and we stood by a bench while I called Janeto see where they were.

"Hey Lauren im at the mall where are you?"

"Oh were in the Cafeteria its on to the right from the front entrance you wontmiss it."

"Kay be there in a few...if I don't get lost"

I ended the call and walked towards the right with Ethan still holding on tomy hand. The mall was pretty big I saw several stores including my personal favorite Gilly Hicks. I saw the cafeteria and the back of Paige and Jane's headtalking with Montana.

"Hey Kaelyn! Come sit" Montanta said pointing to the seat next to her.

"Where's Ally?"

"Oh she bailed on us something about getting grounded I think?" Lauren replied