Chapter 4

I turned around to look back at Montana once James Had left. She was standing there with her arms crossed and with a scowl on her face.

"Seems like you've met James already?"

"Oh yeah he lives I think one or two houses near me and his dog sort of attacked me the other day and took my volleyball so he just came to say he was going to drop it off later today."

She uncrossed her arms and walked closer to me and place a hand on my shoulder.

"Word of advice, he's a jerk, and acts like he is all that. Try not to get too near to him because once he sees you falling for him he'll loose interest in you."

It was sort of unsettling to hear what Montana had said, I mean I did expect James to be a player, but not mean..

"Thanks for the advice" I said and we continued with our gym class.

The bell had rung and that meant I had officially survived my first day of school. It wasn't as terrible as I expected it to be really.

Montana, Camila, Lauren, Ally and I were heading towards the door of the schoo land saying out goodbye's

"Wait! Can I have your number? You know so we can text later?"Montana asked me.

"Same!" The other three girls exclaimed at the same time.

"Oh yea sure" I gave them my number and walked out the door. There was a line of cars with parents impatiently waiting to pick up there child. I looked for my car and saw that my mom was at the end of the line. I sighed and leaned against the wall of the school while checking my text messages from earlier.

From:Rachel;) Hey! Hows NJ? Miss you like crazy!

I smiled at the text. Rachel was the quiet one of the group.Chelsea was the gossiper but she was still my best friend. And I guess that left me as the wild one. I heard a car horn and figured it must be my mom so I rushed to my car to go home.

We got home and I immediately ran to the fridge looking for something to eat. I decided to grab a mozzarella stick. I heard my mom say she was going to give George a bath so she would be in there with him for a while. I was walking up my stairs when I heard the door bell ring. I went and opened the door. Guess who was standing there? None other than the "player" James Forth.

"Hey, I came to drop your volleyball off." He smiled and handed me the ball. I put my cheese stick in my mouth and grabbed the ball with both hands.

"Oh thanks." He turned to leave and was half way down my driveway when I said something a little too unexpected even for me.

"umm uh James!" I yelled hoping he would hear me. He stopped and turned to look at me.

"Yeah?" I hesitated a bit but it was too late to stop myself from saying the words.

"W-will you maybe play a little volleyball with me?" i regretted the words as soon as they left my lips. I gulped and could only hope.

"Yea,sure only problem is that I'm not really that good."

"Don't worry I just need someone to pass around the ball with me because, truth be told I'm a little nervous for tomorrow." James lifted an eyebrow and looked at me in curiosity.

"What do you mean nervous for tomorrow?" I threw the ball up in the air and he bumped it back to me.

"Well im sort of trying out for Mrs.Blevin's volleyball team." We kept bumping back and forth. "Oh well good luck."

I smiled and grabbed the ball in mid air.

"I think that's enough thanks." I said pulling my hair back.