Chapter 8 Part 2

The rest of the night I avoided James completely. Even though I wanted to benear him. I kept thinking about when he wrapped his fingers around minemaking my stomach fill with mad eating butterflies. I was able to still payattention while thinking through everything that had happened. I wascurrently sitting on a couch by Montana and listening to her rant on aboutsome girl when I couldn't even be polite enough to actually listen to herwords. I heard the music outside start getting louder, it was about seven sothe sun was almost all the way down. I set my drink on the side table and gotup and motioned for Montana to join me.

"Let's go join the dancing"

We got up and walked towards the screen door that led to the pool and all thedancers around it. Some other people had decided to go swimming but mostwere in a circle dancing watching James and some other boys I didn'trecognize.

We walked over and I saw James doing the Cat daddy. God did he lookattractive when he danced its like he got even hotter. He stepped to the sideand let another boy in the middle of the circleo f people who looked extremelyfamiliar. I was standing right in front of him, he had started to do some reallyhard looking dance, well at least to a girl that doesn't dance. But as soon ashe looked up at me and saw me he stopped and ran the three feet that wereseparating us.

"KAELYN!" I felt myself be picked up and swung around by my waist.

"Liam?!" I felt the air be squeezed out of me.

"Happy Birthday!!" he finally put me on the ground and while everyonestared at Liam's little spur of the moment thing.

"You guys know each other?" James said while looking back and forthbetween us.

"A little, our moms are like...well best friends I guess?" I looked at Liam forsome reassurance to make sure I wasn't wrong on that.

"Oh"

The party continued on just as fast as it had been interrupted in the firstplace.

Liam pulled me off to the side so we were alone.

"Hey so my mom and my whole family and I wanted to invite you thisSaturday night for a Birthday dinner!"

I felt my heart be filled with warmth at the thought of having a somewhatfamily birthday.

"Of course! I'd love that!"

He ran back to .. I think Madison? That was also dancing in the crowd. I lookedat the lanterns outside and soaked in the moment. It was almost like if itwould have been back home. Chelsea would be off flirting with all the guys andlaughing her distinguishable laugh and Rachel would be in the pool chilling ordancing.

I heard screams of encouragement and then it all died down as Your Love IsMy Drug started playing on the speakers. I whipped my head to the right tosee 6 or maybe 7 boys dancing a legit routine. I saw Liam and James andeven Madison! But the others I couldn't recognize but I figured they must'vebeen from the 1432. I gaped in awe at that sight. From that one internet search I knew that just knowing them made me the envy of hundredsor maybe thousands of girls! I saw them do the routine that I thought was thesame one they had done for Your Love is My Drug.

Oh no, no, no James. No.

But by the time the song ended what I had slightly dreaded happened.

James Fricken Forth flashed his godly stupid abs.

I felt myself get evenmadder as I heard all the other girls screamed at seeing his abs.Whatever it doesn't matter its not like your dating, your not even supposed tocared about him! I mentally punished myself for even caring. I started feelingreally hot and uncomfortable. Thank goodness Montana had grabbed me andthe other girls because it was time to go. We were at the door when I feltsomeone grab my wrist. I turned and saw James.

"Leaving already?" He looked at all of us.

"Yea..Why?" I looked at him trying to send him some type of telepathicmessage that he had already pushed his chances with me today and makingmore advances like that in front of everyone will cause trouble for both of us,specially me since I finally started fitting in and getting settled I didn't needthe reputation of being James next target.

And out of the blue Liam pops out with his usual cheerful care free laughter.

"Your leaving already!? Without giving me a hug?! How dare you!" Liam ranand hugged me one last time.

"Now no talking about boys at that sleepover, unless its me of course!" Liam said while waving his finger like an angry mother.

"Had a little too much soda now did we Cenzo?" I tried saying it with astraight face but I just couldn't.

Liam screamed Yes and ran off yabbling about Bella to someone.

"Well thanks for coming hope you had fun." James stood there awkwardlystaring at the ground and I could tell he felt slightly bad for what hadhappened before. I knew I was going to regret doing this and I was going toget a boat load of crap when we were at Montana's house but I didn't care, foronce I went on impulse and just straight out hugged him. The smell of hiscologne filled my nose making me high just off of his smell. I quickly steppedback and noticed he hadn't expected me to do that, just like the other girlsthat were also trying to hold up their jaws that were about to fall to theground.

"Well we gotta go!" I quickly spoke and ushered the girls out of the house. Aswe walked down the driveway and to Montana's car it was so quiet you couldhear a pin drop, which was completely un usual for this group of chatterboxes that usually cant keep their mouths shut.

We got into the car and that's when all the REAL talking started, well more likein text from.

Montana:

"What the hell was that, that was going on with you and James don't think Ididn't notice!!"

I scrambled for an answer that wouldn't give anything away but before I couldtype anything on my phone another text followed by three more were on myphone. All pretty much asking the same thing ; Did James and I like each other.

I sent them all the same response to see how close they were paying attentionto us.

"What are you talking about?"I hit send and patiently waited for us to get to Montana's house which wasonly a block away now. I saw them all typing on their phones like if it was arace. The first text came from Montana.

"You know how you guys were pushing each other into the pool and I totallysaw that he was holding you when he pulled you down with him. And thatunexpected hug?"

I read her text and felt a knot tighten in my stomach. She was paying closeattention, at least she hadn't seen how he grabbed my hand when we wentunder.

"Were here girls, get your stuff out of the trunk, and Montana where are yougoing to sleep?"

"Oh my room"

We all got our things out and headed to her front door. May I mention thatthis house almost looked like a replica of the white house? It was huge, it hadthree garage doors and a beautiful front yard that had roses and even a smallfountain!

It was 9:30 when we finished getting settled inMontana's room and we had allworked up a huge appetite.

"Let's go eat my mom made hamburgers"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

guys... finally its done.. hard to type guys..!! hahah