Chapter 12

I walked through the big metal blue covered doors. The paint was starting tochip in some areas.

I noticed big clumps of people who all had a green sheet of paper. I lookedpuzzled and walked over to a table where a teacher was handing out thegreen sheet of paper everyone had.

"Here take one this is for the annual seventh grade school field trip." I tookthe paper and walked towards my locker analyzing the sheet of paper that Inow knew was a permission slip.

I saw Montana talking to Ally also bothholding the permission slip.

"Hey" I said as I walked over to them.

"Hey! Did you get your permission slip?"Ally asked in a very unusual happytone for this early in the morning.

I held up my permission in their faces.

"What's this about I haven't read it yet."

"Oh every year all of the school takes a school field trip to Six Flags." Said Ally while folding her permission slip back into her pocket.

We all made idle chit chat until a sixth grader that seemed toknow Montana came up to her.

"Hey Montana, is it true you and James are getting back together?" The youngsixth grader spoke enthusiastically.

"Well I'm not supposed to say anything but..."Montana smile and pretendedto zip her lips shut.

The little sixth grader's eyes lit up in understanding and her jaw dropped. Andwith that she left.

The bell rung before any of us had anytime to ask Montana about what hadjust happened.

~ ~ ~

"Okay Children! Enter the bus in a single filed line!" One of the teachers yelledwhile they checked off our names.

"Kaelyn West" The old wrinkly eight grade teacher looked me up and downthen searched my name on the clipboard her unsteady hands were holding.

"Okay sweetheart go in" I sighed as I walked and sat next to Ally. The buswas already all filled up. I looked around and saw no one that I really knewthat well besides Ally. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I checked thesleek white Blackberry and I felt the tips of my mouth curve into a smile.Those five letters have seemed to have been making me go in a roller coasterof emotions lately.

James:

Hey you wanna ride some rides together?

I felt my heart flip over as my fingers slid over my phone to text him back.

To: James

For sure! Where and when do you want to meet?

I locked my phone and saw Ally staring at me with a sad smile on her face.

"You like him don't you?" She said so only I could hear. Her blue eyes shownwith pity.

"What!? Noooo" I said holding out the o's to make my point.

"Mhmm" She turned towards the window and remained silent for the rest ofthe ride.

I felt my phone's vibration snap me out of what Ally had said earlier.

From: James

Ill find you.

I typed a simple okay back and realized the oddest thing ever. My heart waspounding against my rib cage at the thought of James going to be looking forME. And on top of it all I was going to get to ride some rides with him.