Chapter 7

Brrrrrr....

Brrrrrr.......

Brrrrrrrr.....

Brrrrrr.....

I shuffled my hand around my night stand aimlessly trying to find my phonewhile still being asleep.

"Heeloo?" I spoke into the speaker still half asleep.

"Hey! I heard about your amazing win yesterday!" spoke Montana into thephone.

I looked at the time on my phone.

"Montana you realize its 8:30 on a Sunday morning?" I still needed my sleepand I was not going to let anyone take it from me.

"Yep I know, oh and I have a little surprise for you."

"whaaat?" I said in a whiny voice

I heard foot steps out side my door.

"What's the surprise?" I asked while putting my head on my pillow again.

The line was quiet, I heard my door creak open. I turned my head slowly onlyto see Montana in mid- jump to land on my bed.

"OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I screamed

She landed on the foot of my bed with a huge laugh attack.

"Why are you here you pedophile!" I yelled out in hysterical laughter.

"I am not a pedophile!" ...."Or am i?"Montanacracked up at her own jokeagain and doubled over in hysterics. I felt tears of laughter fill my eyes.

"Okay, okay" I said tying to catch my breath

"Why are you really here? And how did you get in my house?"

"Oh I told your mom that I was going to steal you for a couple hours todayand she let me right in. I groaned and made a mental note to tell my mom tonot let people in the house before 9am.

"So then what are we going to do?" I said sitting up now that I was wideawake.

"Well I was thinking going to the park?"

"Yea sure let me just jump in the shower really quick and then we can go,although I have absolutely no clue where it is." I got off my bed and grabbedsome capris and a plain black tee.

"Really? You don't know where the park is? It's literally down the block!"

I opened the door to my bathroom.

"Oh it is, okay see you in a little you can make yourself at home." I closed thedoor and turned on the shower.

"Are you sure were almost there?" I asked Montana. She had insisted in takinga short cut through the houses so we could get there faster.

"Yep I can already see the basketball hoops from here."

We were a few yards from the basketball court when I noticed James andanother boy taller than him. I felt an unconscious smile form on my lips.

"Hey James!" I yelled over and saw the boys stop their little basketballmatch."

He paused and looked over while holding the basketball.

"Oh Hey Kaelyn!" He waved and walked towards us and met us at the end ofthe court.

"What are you guys doing here?" asked James

"Oh Montana wanted to show me the park so we came." I felt Montana move abit more towards James.

An awkward silence filled the air.

"Uhh soo... do you wanna play some two on two?" The other boy asked.

"Of course Madison! I call being on James team!"Montana moved even closerto James so they were brushing arms. I felt a little tick go off in me that wantedto push Montana over and tell her to give others some personal space. I sawJames shuffle a step away from Montana.

"Umm Okay by the way im Madison and you are?.."Madison trailed off.

"Oh im Kaelyn!" I replied with a smile. He was really tall so he made me looklike a 3rd grader in comparison.

"Okay then lets start!" James clapped his hands and we gotready.Madison started off with the ball. He dribbled to his left, James followedbut Madison was to tall for James to be able to intercept the pass. It wentover Montana's head and she just stood there staring at it. It was a reallygreat pass. I caught the ball and her a little slapping noise when it hit mypalm. I dribbled the ball and moved closer to the hoop. I jumped and swiftlyflicked my wrist and watched the ball go in.

"Yeah Buddy!"Madison yelled from the other side. I shot him a winning smile.James grabbed the ball and started it off. He dribbled the ball to his right andpassed it to Montana, but she was to slow to get it and I intercepted it. Sadly Ihad not anticipated James speed because before I could even turn around Icould feel him right behind me. His arms were around me but not touchingme, while trying to grab the basketball. I felt my face turn a few shades or redby his closeness. I breathed and decided to fake him out then turn quicklybefore he reacted. I jerked left than right and then turned left all the way andkick started to pass the ball to Madison, but James had anticipated my moveand ended up taking the ball from me.

We kept playing until we were all beat, except really for Montana it looked likeshe hadn't even broken a sweat.

"Well that was fun, but Kaelyn and I gotta go!" She grabbed my arm and pulledme before I could even say goodbye.

"What was up with that?" I asked Montana looking at her and giving her aconfused but slightly pissed off look.

"It's nothing I just need to get to dance I can't be late."

We got to my house and she got on her bike and left to go to dance leaving mewith confusion and worry.

~ ~ ~

"Kaelyn!" I heard my mom yell from the living room. I ran down the hall towhere the mini indoor balcony looked over the front door hallway.

"Yeaa?!" I yelled back

"We need to return that shirt and pants you borrowed!"I walked down the stairs and grabbed the shirt and pants. I met here at theliving room while she was putting on George's socks.

"How are we going to get there we don't have their address."

"Oh while you were changing the other day Mrs.Castronovo and I really hit itoff as friends the other day!"

My mouth almost fell to the floor. "Seriously?!" I looked at her inbewilderment.

"Yep, so hurry up because were going to drop that off then go see what wecan eat for dinner."

I grabbed my shoes and slipped them on and headed into the car.

"Mom are you sure this is the right street?" I asked for the billionth time.

"Yes, it's the right street now just help me find the house number."

I looked left and right, al the houses were very nice looking with big fronts andbeautiful gardens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys... I sure you everyday I will update my story.. hope you like it.. :)