Chapter 11

I slammed the door to my room. The house was still and silent as I pressed my backagainst the door and slid to the door. I put my head on my knees and just sat therefor a while.

Did I really just ruin that friendship I had with him? Usually I wouldn't care if peopledidn't believe me as long as I knew it was the truth, but I just felt I needed him tobelieve me.

I shut my eyes out and pictured him waiting by the park for over an hour thinking Iwas going to be there soon.

Im sorry.

I clenched my fists and decided that this was not how things were going to endbetween us. I got up and went to the mirror. No tears streaked my face, noexpression that I was weak or breaking. Instead my eyes were filled with a newdetermination of making him believe that I wasn't lying. I grabbed my phone andchecked the time.

It had only been half an hour after school ended so he had to be home. My momwas still at work and Ethan was at the nursery so I had at least forty five minutes onmy own. I slipped some flip flops on and stepped out the front door. I didn't have aplan and I was acting on complete impulse, but it felt right. My gut was telling methat drastic things call for drastic measures and if getting your friend back was onethen so be it!

My finger lingered above his doorbell.

What am I doing here? This is never going to work! He's going to think I'm acomplete freak!

I sighed making my finger that was only millimeters away from the doorbell press it.

I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. My mind froze and I thought aboutrunning away but my body wouldn't move.

The door opened to reveal a tall,brown haired beauty. She would make asupermodel go home and eat a tub full of ice cream and cry her eyes out just bylooking at her.

"Hello?"

I gulped part of my nerves down and spoke.

"I-is James home?"

"Umm yea, Come in" She motioned me to come in. I stepped inside as Isaw His sister go by the stairs to the upper floor and yell for her brother.

"James a girls here for you!"

The girl smiled.

"Oh by the way my name's Brielle what's yours?"

"Kaelyn"

"Oh hi Kaelyn, ill leave you two alone I have homework. He shouldn't take long." Shewinked at the end."Wait no I think you have the wrong idea, that's not why I'm here!" But she wasalready gone by the time I finished.

I saw James walking down the stairs."What are you doing here" He said standing just a couple steps before the end of the stairs.

"I think we need to talk." I looked down at the ground trying to regain my courage.

He motioned me to follow him up the stairs.

His room was any you'd expect bed,desk and some random stuff on the ground.He sat down on his bed and just stared at me waiting me to speak."Look I swear I didn't send that text I even brought my phone and look I don't havea text!" I started tripping over my words, I felt my brain start blanking and trying tograsp what any other evidence I could find so he would believe me.

"I s-swear! I would,wouldn't ever do anything like that to you" My heart waspounding in anticipation for James kicking me out.

I kept talking repeating my words in endless circles.

James pushed himself off the bed leaving little wrinkles on the comforter. His armswent around me as he hugged me.

"If you really had sent that text then you wouldn't have bothered this much to tryand make me believe you."

I finally shut up and hugged him back.

"You were my first friend here, so I really don't want to loose you over somethinglike this."

"Thanks" I felt my cheeks flush and I let go and stepped back.

"Ahh..well I think its about time for me to go" I chuckled nervously

"Oh! Yea!" James tried to hide his embarrassment.

He walked me to the door as we said our goodbyes.

"Well so see ya at school!" I speed walked down the steps, feeling like a huge weighthad been lifted from my shoulders. My step had a little jump to it and I felt like the smile on my face was more annoying than happy, but to me it was something Icouldn't control the slightest bit!

I got home mom and George weren't there yet, but it was just a matter of minutesbefore they did. I went to the kitchen and pulled out some grapes and ate them. Ilooked at my phone and noticed I had accidentally turned it on silent. 1 missed call, 2text messages. I went straight for the missed call worrying that it was my mother.

1 Missed call from Montana

I hit the call back button.

"Hello?"Montana's voice spoke through the other end.

"You called honey boo boo child?" I joked with her.

She laughed "Ha ha yea I was just asking about the homework we had but I got itfrom someone else.

" Ooh" I said in understanding into the phone and plopped another grape into mymouth.

"How come you didn't answer?"

"I was at James' house"Even thought I wasn't anywhere near Montana I could feel the conversation stiffen.Her regular voice went through the phone like if nothing was bothering her.

"went to see your lover?"Montana teased

"Noooo" I said while laughing.

"Wait do you like him?"Montana's voice had a serious tone to it catching me offguard.

"Well you know I don't really know, I mean.." I trailed off thinking about that, did Ilike him?

"Well not trying to burst your bubble, but you know he's still hung up on me" I feltmy mood change into something like turmoil at that comment.

"Oh, he is?"

"Yea! Did you not see how flirty he was with me at the party?" I felt a small fire ofanger light up in me. And all this time I had thought that he had been flirting withme! I zipped open my back pack and got some text books out. Im not going to thinkabout this right now, not right now.

I buried myself in my books hoping that maybe just maybe I could forget aboutthings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I know its too short but I need to reach at least 15-20 Chapters.. for my Project guys..

Support please!! :) :)