Chapter Two; Queen

I dug through his closets and dressers. However found nothing that could lead me towards his so called 'Plan'.

My eyes glanced back at the fur bed that I've been sleeping in for days..... It was his. Just the thought gave me shivers.

"You won't find anything." A deep voice said from behind me.

Please be Chester.

I turned my head to see Chester's brown hair and green eyes. "He says he had this plan but, I don't trust him. I need to find out about it." I told him.

"It's a deal in his eyes that he won't tell you about." Chester rubbed his temples.

"What deal?"

"This deal will seal your fate with him, he's ending the war for you."

I was lost for words, he wants to end the war for me? Why?

"Why in the world would he end a war for me?" I asked Chester.

"So you will agree to be his queen."

"Did you find your sister?" I wondered changing the subject.

He nodded. "I sent her off to our mother."

"What about you?"

"I'm not leaving you here. I only brought you here for my sister, now it's my time to find a way to get you back." He huffed.

"Your telling me, you weren't planing on leaving me here the whole time!" I yelled. "Why didn't you tell me earlier!"

"Take it down a notch, they can't know I'm still here."

"Who is 'they'?"

"Axel and his soldiers." Chester said rolling his eyes. "If they find me........"

"Let's not think about that." I cut him off.

"As I was saying, you need somehow to find a way out to the garden. There I know a way back to Xidan."

I looked back at the dresser that I had ripped through. "We need to be fast, Axel might hurt my mate."

Chester grabbed my shoulder. "If I get caught...."

"No you won't." I interrupted him. "Please don't think like that."

"We have to talk about it, Phoenix." He huffed. "If he finds me just go to the garden and follow the moon. That will at least make you close to your pack."

I sighed and wrapped my arms tight around him. "Please just don't get found." I mumbled into his shirt.

"I'll try my best."

He backed away and smiled. "See you soon and find a way out or this plan won't work."

Chester glanced outside the bedroom door to make sure it was ok before running off and down the hall.

I closed the dresser and ambled outside to see the full moon.

It felt so close but, yet so far away.... Just like Xidan, sometimes I can faintly feel his rage within my chest.