Chapter Four; His Hand

I slumped down to the ground with tears burning my eyes however I held them back.

I need to find Chester and get out of this lying, cold and painful place.

Memories flowed in front of my eyes from Xidan's smile to Jackson's bleeding wound from my knife. Everything is different now.... My old life I hadn't realized was paradise, I had peace, stability, and love..... From my brother.

Now everything is difficult from peace to mates.

I'm done; For once I can say I'm done.

I stood up while drying the last tears on my face.

All these people can just rot in hell.

I walked out onto the porch and my eyes caught the green of the vines.

My ticket out.

Guilt filled my stomach as I grabbed the vines with my hands. However I tried to get the guilt out of my chest by thinking of the positive effects this could cause.

Axel could possibly let Chester go if I leave....... But, maybe Axel will think Chester will know where I'm going. Axel will force the answer out of Chester.....

I shook my head. I'm not going home or to Xidan's pack. I'll just put them in danger again. Axel will never find me.....

My heart yearned for Xidan's touch however I just remained focused on the placement of my feet on the mossy vine.

The porch railing was now level with my face, I need this..... I need to leave the werewolf world behind......

A hand roughly snatched my wrist causing me to lose my chain of thought and grasp on the vines.

"You're shitting me right!" He snarled down at me.

His grip tightened on me once he realized he was the only thing that was stopping me from plummeting to the ground.

"I'm done, Axel. I'm sick of this werewolf world!" I hollered at him. "I'm done with fighting with everyone, I'm done with saving everyone."

Tears warmed my cheeks as they fell from my eyes.

His face hardened with every word that came out of my mouth.

"It can end here." He said dryly. "I can let you go and your dream of leaving this 'werewolf world' will come true."

With my other hand I grabbed onto his wrist. My legs dangled from the edge that was so near however I wasn't strong enough to pull myself up, Axel was the only force keeping me from the ground.

"You wouldn't dare." I seethed.

"You don't know me, Mi Pàjao." He grinned. "Maybe all my troubles will end with this one death."

I scowled up at him. "You could of just let me leave, then all this would end!"

"You want to know how I knew about you?" He said bluntly.

I nodded. "Of course! Just lift me up!"

"Your father was the king before me."

My face went pale, my whole body was paralyzed as his eyes scanned mine.

"He told me about you, about how you cared for your little brother." He told me. "He also told me about your cold- hearted mother."

She was anything but, nice to me. I obviously 'reminded' her of my father.

"So I killed her with a simple twist of the neck. Once you left that house with Xidan, that bitch went straight to hell." He grinned proud of himself.