Chapter Eight; Can't Let Go

I groggily opened my eyes to see a wooden ceiling, I gazed around the room to see the exact room Jackson had trapped me in. I looked to the nightstand to pictured my dinner that I had tried to use as a weapon.

"No..-" I mumbled as my eyes continued to scatter around the room.

Memories from my last stay flashed before my eyes. I can still feel Adam's hands wrapped around my neck, and the pain of being away from Xidan...-

I sat up and pushed the sheets off of me to see my body unscathed. I still felt the wind against my body as I plummeted towards the ground.

Did Jackson catch me when I jumped off of the balcony? Or did I actually hit the ground...- but my body is unscathed?

The dress Axel picked out for me was nowhere to be seen as I looked at the oversized black shirt on me. I pulled it up to see my plain underwear and bra- thank god I've got undergarments on.

I shifted off of the bed and ambled over to the bedroom window and pressed my palm against the cold glass. Rain pelted the window as the clouds covered the sun from shining through.

Xidan....-

Tears threatened my eyes but I held them back.

I've lost everything.

I looked down at Jackson's shirt on me and got a whiff of his dark oak cologne.

I walked over to the bedroom door and creaked it open and peered through the crack. No one was in site so I decided this was the prefect time.

I ran into the kitchen and gazed around the counters to see exactly what I needed to finish the task. My hand wrapped around its round base and held it at my side while I trudged towards the front door.

Everything was quite, almost peaceful for once around here.

I threw the door open and ambled out into the pouring rain, it pelted the black shirt that covered my scrawny body.

I will finish what Jackson tried to stop however he just made it more painful for me.

I looked up to the sky and grasped harder onto the knife at my side.

My soul will join you soon Xidan.....

I lifted the knife up and pointed it towards my heart.

"Phoenix!" A deep voice shouted.

Heavy footsteps neared me as I hesitated to push the knife through my chest. My hand shook as I touched the tip of the metal knife to my shirt.

I took a deep breath however as my hand went to push down a body collided with mine, forcing me to slam into the ground  below me. I didn't made a sound as my arm burned from the rocks underneath me.

"What the hell!" A guy spat as he wrenched the knife out of my grasp.

I sat motionless and just stared off into the woods, imaging Xidan's black wolf standing and looking at my soaked body.

"You're not going to fucking end you life!" He bellowed.

I shifted my eyes from the woods to Jackson's wet face. The rain soaked into his black hair and made it drip onto my face. Blood was also soaked into his grey shirt that he wore.

"I can't live without him!" I hollered at him. "You don't know what it feels like!"

Jackson smacked me. "My mate rejected me, every emotion and love towards her ended leaving me feeling hollow and empty!" He snapped. "Like hell I don't know what it feels like to lose a mate!"