Chapter Six; New Infomation

A knock on the door made my body jump as I sat in an old leather couch, a dusty book in my hand that I couldn't even read the title. 

"Lady Phoenix?" A guard trudged into the room with a box within his burly arms.

"Yes?" I tried to hide my disappointment since I wished it would of been Axel.

"His majesty has requested for you to wear this dress. And he wanted me to inform you an Alpha is visiting along with his Luna." He told me while holding out the brownish box.

I nodded, "Does that mean I'll get out of this room?"

Guard shrugged, "Sorry my lady but, I think only for the banquet."

I rolled my eyes and stood up to grab the box.

"Of course," I mumbled to myself.

I grabbed the box and watched the guard bow and leave the room.

I looked down at the box in my hands as I heard the door close with a reassuring lock after.

Axel picked me out a dress? That's a little too sweet for him.

I opened the lid to see a creamy white dress, the back was lacy and dipped down to my lower back. Jewels covered the rim of the breasts and with just shoulder straps.

The dress was long and beautiful however it just brought back memories of Jackson, that red dress was burned into my memory as its back was totally exposed, allowing him to run my bare back. After all Jackson was the last man to ever pick a dress out for me to wear.

A chill ran down my spine as I saw Jackson's grin flash within my eyes. His disheveled hair and high cheekbones, everything about him reminded me of how terrible my life is. He forced me to choose between brothers which I can't watch another soul die.

A tear rushed down my face which I wiped away.

"Go to hell Jackson!" I yelled and balled the creamy soft dress in my hands.

I threw the dress on the old, dusty bed and sighed while my eyes continued to scan over its silk fabric.

A knock sounded on the old wooden door. "Lady Phoenix, everything going alright in there?" A guard's voice was muffled as he spoke through the door.

"Everything is fine! I'm just getting the dress on, that's all!" I shouted at him.

I ripped off my disheveled clothes to the floor and grabbed the dress off of the bed. I stepped my thin legs through the top and dragged it along my curves up until the top of the dress shaped my breasts.

"This is my only chance." I mumbled and I brushed my hands along the dress to straighten it out.

I ambled over to the corner of the stone room to see a dusty mirror that held a mahogany frame around its reflecting glass.

The dress fit nicely to my body, not making me look fat nor thin. It's creamy base color made my skin look pale and delicate.

My face held the stress of a Luna, the dark circles however couldn't be seen under bright light but, the dim stone room allowed me to see the true shadows of my face.

"His majesty has requested you to the dinning hall!" The guard yelled through the door again.

The friendly alpha is already here?