Chapter 12; Taking back

The chains cut into my wrists as I pulled on the restrains. I sighed as I slammed my arms forward with all my strength only for them to be halted.

"It's no use." A deep voice uttered across the basement. "I've been trying."

I glanced across the basement to see a man hunched over with blood dried on his face, his soot covered face camouflaged with the stone wall behind him.

"You're the man from Axel's army...-" I mumbled as I recognized his face from a few days ago.

"And you're a rejected Luna who has no where to turn, so you're just planning on destroying everything." He uttered.

I sighed and leaned back against the wet stone, gazing into the man's hazel, red veined eyes.

"Have you thought that death was a tangible thing?" I inquired.

He scowled. "Death is something you can't control, we could starve down here tomorrow or kill ourselves in the next few hours. Death isn't a tangible thing, once your hearts stops beating then you'll leave your body."

I nodded. "I feel that every time Jackson touches me, I can feel a thousand deaths."

The man shrugged. "What does it matter? The man's a killer and you're a naive human. What does any of this matter if we're going to starve?"

I shrugged. "Just something to think about while we are starving, plus who says we are going to starve?"

The man sighed. "That's why I'm done here, he sentenced me to die by starvation after I gave him every last bit of information. I'm a coward of a soldier, I'm ashamed that I believe he'd let me go."

I surveyed the man's soot covered face, he shook his head and huffed. "We are both naive."

He nodded and hung his head. "I can't die here...-"

"We won't." I promised.

"She's waiting for me."

My eyebrows knitted together. "Who? Your mate?"

He nodded. "However in afraid she's in prison just like me, I thought if I went to war and came back and fought for Axel he'd let her go."

"Who is she?"

"Her name is Penny, she's a sweet girl. Her brother was tricked into a deal with Axel which tied them down in his command." He shook his head and gritted his teeth. "All because of her asshole of an Alpha king, I can't stand the way he had treated this girl! My dear Penny was locked up along with her brother in prison."

My eyes widened. "Penny?"

He nodded. "Such a sweet girl, I felt the connection with just a glance of her brown hair."

I looked at him in bewilderment. "Penny as in Chester's younger sister?"

He looked at her with his eyebrows knitted together. "Yes....- why?"

"Chester was my friend until I found out he was planed there by Axel."

The man sighed. "She's probably dead now, and so is Chester."

"What makes you say that?" I questioned.

Loud foot steps shut us up as a shadowed figure came into view. "Jaxson wants to talk to you." He talked to the man across from me.

"What the hell could he want?" He spat. "I gave him everything I know."

The figure didn't answer him as he unlocked his cuffs and shoved him to his feet. His eyes looked to mine with fear as he got pushed up the steps as I pulled on my chains watching him.

"Get out of here if you get the chance!" I shouted. "Forget about me! Save Penny and Chester!"

The heavy basement door slammed before he could reply, leaving me in m silence. The through of Penny having a mate made my skin crawl. The girl was always rude to me, never was sweet like he just said. A wolf in a sheep's skin.

I reached up and pulled the knife out of the cement. I surveyed my options either damage my hands or pick the the locks. Quickly I maneuvered the knife so the tip was in the key hole, wiggling it back and forth nothing appeared to happen.

If Jackson can do it with a bobby pin than I can do it with a knife.

With a satisfying click my left cuff dropped to the cement floor with a clank. I switched the knife to tiny left hand and unlocked my right cuff.

I grinned to myself and stuffed the knife back into the band on my pants. I ran upstairs to see the door wide open, the figure that once held Penny's mate was now on the ground.

"Phoenix...- oh Phoenix." A deep voice chuckled from behind me making my heart begin to pound.

"You're too late, man if only you could pick locks better."

I turned to see Jackson with a grin plastered onto his lips.

"You can't stop us." I sneered and I reached for my knife. "I told you I'm done with werewolf's, the only one I ever cared for is now dead because of you."

He grinned. "Give up Phoenix you can't take down an Alpha let alone an Alpha King."

I didn't say a word as I chucked the knife into his head his time, knowing even a wolf couldn't repair from brain damage.

He stumbled backwards and still kept his grin neatly planted on his lips. With a crack he began to pull the knife out, my eyes widened as I stared at the slit in his forehead.

"That can't be possible." I mumbled.

"Silver not stainless steal." He chuckled.

My eyes widened as he held the knife in his hand now, his grasp tightened around it. A loud growl sounded behind Jackson, he turned to see a large wolf behind him. He didn't even hesitate as he impaled the wolf and quickly shifted. The wolf cried out as it limped a few steps backwards.

"No-." I muttered as I realized it was my cellmate. "Penny still needs you!" I bellowed.

It looked at me with hard eyes as if to order me to tell Penny that he sends his love.

Jackson pounced on Penny's mate and slammed a paw onto the knife in his side.

Quickly I dashed down the hall and into the kitchen where I scanned for knifes. If there's no silver I'll just have to cut the head off like a snake, without a head it can't function.

I grabbed a butcher's knife that laid on a chopping  board along with some left over blood from meat. I took a deep breath as I marched back to the large living room to see Jackson still on top of Penny's mate.

The girl had changed at the castle, she had began to grow up since the time before then that I saw her. She doesn't deserve to know the pain of losing a mate.

I clutched the butcher's knife and creeped closer to them, Jackson still focused down on the wolf below him.

I can do this, he deserves this and not a moral death.

"Hey Jackson!" I shouted. "I'd hate to ruin your fun, but I'd like you to tell Xidan that I love him and dearly miss him!" I shouted with my eyes blurring.

I ran at him and slashed down, a cracking sound filled my ears as I released the butcher's knife and trembled backwards.