Chapter 11; Phoenix's Rebellion

After two more days I was back up on my feet with the cotton wrap cut from around my neck, I could clearly see the scares his teeth left on my neck. The scares weren't two neat dark dots, but looked as if someone had stabbed me than twisted the knife around underneath my skin.

I staggered over to the kitchen, no one came down this hallway. Only Jackson did at night around 9 then usually leaves before I wake up in the morning. I didn't know where he went or what he does during the day, all I care is that he's not bothering me. With Jameson's plan still weighing on my mind I drew up blanks on how to for-fill it.

I've hid a knife underneath my pillow knowing once he falls asleep he'll be defenseless. However I haven't gotten the courage to go through with it, the knife still lays underneath my pillow spotless of blood.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a water. The cold water didn't even faze me as I chugged it down my throbbing throat.

Everywhere I turn I see death, my mother, Xidan and countless meaningless murders Jackson has committed....... I thought with a sigh.

"Luna?" A voice called out to me, shocked I turned to see a girl standing in the doorway with her arms crossed neatly. A maid.

"Yes?"

"Jackson has requested you to come to the basement at once." She bowed then scurried off down the hall leaving me with an aloof face.

What could he want?

My eyes caught the light shinning off the flat, sharp surface of the knife as I brushed by the counter. My eyes widened as I backtracked to pick up the knife.

Maybe I don't have to wait until tonight.

I slipped the knife into the back band of my pants and ambled off out of the kitchen and towards the open hallway door, the first time I've seen that open since I've been in here.

I staggered out of the door and glanced around to see an empty hallway, I quickly dashed down the left towards the basement, preparing myself for the upcoming events. I took a deep breath trying to calm down my nerves.

I can do this, I don't have much longer to fulfill the plan.

Once the wooden basement door appeared in front of me I reached out and grasped onto the handle, surprised to see no guards in front of it. I opened the door to the stone steps down to the wet basement floor, a mumbling cry sounded out from the bottom sending chills down my back.

However I shrugged it off and trudged down the steps and once I planted on the bottom, I glanced around to see Jackson's big statue. He held his fists balled with his chest rising and falling deeply.

"Jackson?" I wondered with a bland voice, I neared him wondering what was in front of him.

I studied his back to see his shoulders following the rhythm of his deep breathing.

"He told me everything." He breathed huskily. "I know Axel's plans on the battlefield and with you..-" Jackson turned to face me with cold eyes. "He plans to force you to produce an heir then he plans to kill you, he doesn't like to share powers over the land....-"

"Lies." I cut him off with the room of my eyes. "Not that I want to be his queen however, I do care what happens to Chester. Axel always told me he wants a queen."

Jackson let out a deep cackle that made my skin crawl. "He'll lie to get what he wants, just like how I'll kill to get what I want."

"I don't plan on going back to him Jackson." I uttered. "He's in the past, he had ripped me away from Xidan only for you to swoop right into my pack and kill your own brother." My hand snaked behind my back and touched the handle of the knife.