Chapter 22; Reflection/End

My breath caught in my throat as my feet made contact with the marble floors of the castle. I figured I'd never return, alive, to this place. My heartbeat accelerated as footsteps echoed down the hall.

I straightened my back and hardened my face, preparing myself to face Axel. The man I had thought I escaped from, but the world seems to want me next to his side.

Axel rounded the corner and my body froze. His disheveled clothes held blood embedded in the fabric. Even his jeans were soaked in the crimson liquid.

"Welcome back my lovely queen, it's been far too lonely in this damn castle without you," he told her with a smile curving up his bloody cheeks.

His face was splattered with specks of blood, he advanced towards me and I remained very silent. Axel cupped my chin with his dried bloody hand and motioned down for a kiss, however I cringed away from him. His grip on my chin tightened and his face hardened.

"I didn't just murder a hundred rogues for you not to accept my love," he spoke through gritted teeth. His sudden flip of emotions made my body waver.

My mouth opened slightly, but no words left my tongue. My breaths grew short as he wrapped his arm around mine tightly, and lead me to the dining room. He forced a smile upon his plump lips, which pulled them tightly across his face.

"You'll be amazed of the site that will soon be bestowed upon your eyes," he said to me with a grin.

I prepared myself for the worse as he forced me through the thick wooden doors. My breath left my chest and Axel wrapped both his arms around me tightly, to keep me from falling to the ground in a puddle. Red- was the only color within the original virgin white dining room. Red painted the walls and marble floors. The table was drenched in blood, which dripped off the edge and landed in huge puddles. Men's bodies littered the room, some laying on the table others on the floor.

My lip quivered as I realized who these men were. They all had no uniform, and no way to tell they were from the same pack, but that's how Jackson wanted them to be. Jackson's pack members were a bunch of random rogues he managed to pick up. However none of that matters anymore, the men are no longer breathing.

"I ordered them all here then killed them where they sat," Axel whispered into her ear with his lips caressing the cartilage.

I swallowed a glob of spit in an effort to halt the pain of tears. I fought my eyes from tearing up over these men. No longer will I appear emotional, to survive Axel I must become emotionless and careless for the lives of mere rogues.

I bit my lip as Axel lead us closer to the metallic scented table. I cringed from the scent and I completely lost it when I clearly saw a decapitated head on the table. My facade of being strong washed away from my face as tears drenched my cheeks. I began to claw myself away from Axel. He released me and allowed my body to fall into a blood puddle.

A brittle taste raised in my throat, however I fought it back down into my stomach. He killed the only man who could give me salvation if I ever left him. Jameson was gentle, even if my love had turned for Xidan, embers of my flame for him still remain.

"J-Jameson," my voice wavered as I managed to spit out the name, "you killed- my last friend."

Axel huffed and gazed towards Jameson's head with a grin, "he was a threat to my time with you, plus I killed everyman whoever posed a threat to my queen."

I glared at him as I fought my numb body out of the blood. My eyes hardened on Axel.

"You were just jealous I had actually fallen for him before, and I haven't even shown a cent of love for you," I seethed at him, "you're no better than Jackson, the man I killed."