Chapter Nine; War Overnight

I jumped awake with the image of the Luna's limp body flashing in my eyes.

She didn't deserve that...- I should of helped. Why did my body just not care?!

I huffed as I balled my fists at my sides, my body seemed to boil as I heard the snap of her neck inside of my head.

My body wobbled as I hopped out of bed and gazed outside the window to see wolves fighting, loud howling filled my ears as I watched in horror.

Blood soaked into the teeth of a grey wolf that circled a brown wolf. Another war had broken out, I knew once I saw wolves snapping their jaws at each other.

"No, no, no!" I shouted as I went for the bedroom door which was locked.

I screamed and banged my hand against the door.

"I won't watch this!" I cried out.

My body trembled as I watched a black wolf jump on top of the brown wolf, it's jagged teeth cut into its neck making the wolf go limp in its jaw.

Xidan's wolf...-

I grabbed the nearby lamp and threw it at the glass window which made it crack. I continued throwing the lamp until the glass gave in and shattered, allowing me to met the black wolf.

My body screamed at me to turn back as I yelled at the wolf making it drop the brown wolf's corpse.

It growled and ambled closer to me.

"Who are you?" I asked. "Are you Xidan?"

The wolf pulled its lips up and showed its yellow long teeth making my eyes widen.

The black wolf jumped on top of me and dug its claws into my shoulders.

"Eat me you coward!" I tormented the wolf. "Let me join my mate!" I shouted knowing it was only my imagination that this wolf could be Xidan.

The wolf growled and reached down to my forearm and opened its gapping mouth.

"Kill me!" I yelled.

It bit down making me cry out as I watched my blood ooze out around the jaw of the beast. I watched it release my arm and growl in my face.

I cried out as I tried to move my bitten arm.

The wolf on top of me turned its head and headed for my neck to finish off the job.

"Do it!" I taunted the beast. "End me! Stop prolonging it!"

It opened its jaw once again and I squeezed my eyes shout prepared for the pain.

However the weigh of the wolf's paws on my shoulders decreased as it flung off of my body by another wolf. A brown wolf stood on top of the black wolf, it growled down at the black wolf.

I sat up and reached with my other hand to my bitten arm that throbbed and still oozed blood. My body trembled as I still felt the wolf's weigh on me; why did I do that? Why did I just run out to some random wolf then taunt it?

The brown wolf finished off the black wolf and trudged over to me with it lowly growling, it kicked my body with it's front paw. The brown wolf looked to my arm and began to stare at the blood that oozed out my forearm.

"Who are you?" I questioned, however the wolf reached down with its muzzle and began to lick the wound.

I sighed and shoved the muzzle away. "You don't understand how hard this is for me!" I shouted recognizing Jackson's wolf. "Axel destroyed my whole pack and so did you, Jackson!"