Chapter Three; Worried

My eyes fluttered open to see the sun flowing through the open porch doors. I knew I was in his bed, where else would I be.

I went to sit up but, was greeted with a sharp pain in my head.

Don't tell me... It will take days to recover.

I fell back down onto the pillows of his bed. I reached up and touched my neck which was fully recovered, no huge bandage, and no scabs.

How...

The bedroom door opened with a guard entering the room with an emotionless face.

"I've come to tell you that Chester has left the castle in good health." He went to turn away but, I called out to him.

"Guard."

"Yes, my lady?"

"Where is Axel?" I wondered.

I'm going to punch him for this.....

My hand reached up and touched my smooth neck.

"Making arrangements to set out to your pack by midnight." He explained.

I glanced out the windows to see the sun setting.

"How long was I out....." I asked but, the guard had already left.

I rolled my eyes and slid out of bed even though my head pounded.

Axel saved me from Jackson's mark however I don't know if his is any better.

Anyways who is Axel? I know he's an alpha king but, how does he even know I exist?

I crossed the bedroom's threshold and into the hallway.

"Phoenix!Phoenix!" A girl yelled at me.

I turned to see someone running towards me with a worried look and a maid gown.

"Yes?" I said awkwardly.

I never was good with talking to strangers especially if they are running straight at me.

"Chester..... Is, in the prison." She said out of breath.

"Who are you?"

Chester should be with his sister right now...... He's not here, the guard told me he left.

She stayed silent as her eyes wandered around the hall.

"I'm Chester's sister."

"Ok you two are going to end up killing me, one of you are always in trouble." I huffed.

She scrunched her eyebrows together. "Did Chester actually turn you in?"

I nodded. "And I saved him so he could return back with you but, look how that turned out."

Chester had a chance at freedom, a chance for his life to go back to normal...... Why in the world wouldn't he take it?

"My brother isn't the sharpest tool in the shed." She mumbled. "He was always head strong and determined to do something which sometimes gets him into trouble."