Chapter 20; Broken

The chilling bite of air broke through her throat as Axel preformed chest compressions. He watched her dead, limbless body lay on his now bloody bed. A single tear crawled down his cheek which he quickly wiped away with his bloody hand.

He pressed his mouth on hers and plugged her nose before forcing air down into her lungs. He moved his hands to her chest and began to pump her lungs up and down. His eyes slid to her wounds which were slowly healing from his white blood cells, however he had doubt she would ever try to wake up.

Phoenix wanted to be with her mate, and forced a knife down into her chest. Axel drooped his head, knowing only she could save herself. And she won't, knowing he will place her through hell for his own personal gain.

Axel trudged to the bedroom door and threw it open. Guards rushed into the room and gathered Phoenix into their arms.

"Take her to the hospital, only humans can possibly save her." Axel mumbled to the guards.

Once one of the guards held her in a bride style, the other approached Axel.

"You must have mixed your blood with hers, the humans will get ahold of werewolf blood," The guard told him with wide eyes, "even you taught us, nothing is worth more than hiding our existence."

Axel glowered at his guards, his face twisted up into rage. "Don't question your king! She is worth the risk!"

They nodded and marched off with Phoenix in their arms. Axel glanced back at her limbless body, probably knowing she'd never comeback to him. There is nothing on this earth for her, because he would only halt her from seeing her family or saving Jameson.

Axel marched down halls mindlessly, unaware of where he was headed. Soon enough he found himself down a staircase and at the dungeon door. He threw the door open with a loud bang, his eyes scanned for Jameson's cell.

Men cried out as they starved to death. They were either traitors or men who failed to complete an order. Axel composed himself in front of his prisoners, when he was actually falling apart from her death. He sauntered down the path, ignoring most of the wooden doors. Until he reached Jameson's door, he unlocked it and marched in.

The man sat on the cold cement floor starring daggers into Axel.

"Are you here to kill me? Does Phoenix know what you're planning?" Jameson questioned as he gathered his weak body to his feet. His shackled clinked together as he rose to his feet.

"She's no longer your concern." Axel said with a stern voice. He lurched out and grabbed Jameson by the neck. And with both hands began to apply all his strength.

Jameson couldn't break his hands free from the shackles. He only could flail himself to try to tear himself from Axel's grasp. He looked like a worm pinched underneath a thumbnail.

"She's gone!" Axel suddenly bellowed at the dying man.

Jameson made choking sounds and his face began to turn a bright red. He made an effort to suck in breaths, however Axel held on too tight.

"And you're the last piece of her here on this damned earth!" Axel yelled out, draining Jameson of his breath.

However two hands seemed to force Axel to release Jameson. Unknowingly he let go of Jameson's neck, he didn't know why. But he couldn't go through with killing him. Jameson crashed down to the cement floor with a thud.

Jameson coughed and took sharp intakes of breath to fill his aspirated lungs.

"She's in the human's hands now," Axel uttered, "only they can save one of their own."

"Y-you don't love her." Jameson stated through his coughs. He forced himself to sit up and face Axel.

Axel glowered at the man, "don't question my love for her."

Jameson sighed and rolled his eyes while he sucked in choppy breaths.

"I loved her once, that was until men like you turned her into some doll. Dressed her up in expensive dresses and flaunted her in front of your packs," Jameson spat, remembering how Jackson treated her too. Axel sighed and leaned his body against the door jam.

"You and Jackson just were fond of her because she was human. Too many wolves are power hungry, and the only reason she caught your attention was because she is the symbol of valuably!" Jameson spoke out of spite.

Axel pulsated his hands, opening then closing them. Trying to find a reason to not kill the man in front of him. He thrusted one of his fists down and slammed it into the cell wall. The stone crumpled by his surprise, and Jameson's face paled.

"You prissy artist, you're just some wolf within one of my many packs- a single pathetic straw in hundreds of hay bales!" Axel seethed at him, "I shouldn't have to debate wither or not to kill you! However you're the last piece of Phoenix here!"

Jameson scowled at the Alpha king, wondering what he was doing in his cell then. If he wasn't here to smear his blood along the walls, then why is he pacing in front of him.

"What do you want then," Jameson asked with a monotoned voice.

Axel huffed and dug his fingers into his thick hair. He gritted his teeth and knew what he wanted, but Jameson wasn't going to solve his cravings for her back.

When Axel never answered him, he decided to answer his own question then. "Are you just here to release your rage on someone? Or is it because you're trying to beat that gut feeling out of your chest- you feel guilty for her death."

Axel had enough, instead of standing in the man's cell listening to his ranting. He ambled out and ordered a guard to move him to a different cell, which didn't have a hole in the wall.

"Her death is on your hands Axel! You killed Phoenix! You're hands are stained with her blood!" Jameson bellowed at Axel as he sauntered back out of the dungeon.

Axel had no more words for that retched man. The man who was just as low as Jackson, however he never realized how much alike he was to Jackson.

Mindlessly Axel walked his hallways again; up and down stairs, and around corners. His mind occupied with images of her he never noticed where he was headed or the people he ambled by. He sauntered past confused maids and concerned guards. Before he realized it, he was climbing the large staircase to her bedroom. It twisted about, and once he saw the bedroom door ajar. His nose caught a scent, his eyes widened as he pushed the door open. Her scent was embedded in the room, the bed especially held her aroma.

Axel sauntered into the gray stones room. The small window that he barely could see out of, provided some light. He nestled down on the bed and rushed his fingertips along the lumpy mattress.

He closed his eyes and inhaled the smell of her like a drug. His mind placed him in memories with her and once he opened his eyes back up. He realized what he had to do for her.

The death of his wife, has broken his mind and his strength. He needs a renewal, and killing Jameson and every man that ever laid eyes on her will suffice. He plans on finding every rogue from Jackson's pack and murdering them where they stand or laid.

Axel stood up from the bed and grinned to himself. A creepy, revengeful smile that belonged to a heartbroken man.