Fake (Lev Haiba X Reader)

"I have a significant other!" Lev boasted proudly to the team. Practice was over, and so the tall player decided to tell his fellow members.

"HEH?!" Screeched the team. Suddenly, all of the team (with the exception of Kenma, who let out one small, 'Ha'.) burst out into wild laughter. The ginormous gym filled with the laughing of what sounded like hyenas. Lev pouted, and was about to reply, but was cut off by one of his team members.

"I bet they're imaginary." Scoffed Yamamoto. He made his infamous face, weakening Lev's confidence. But, he knew he could convince them. He has to.

"No, they're not!" Replied an angry Lev.

"Oh yeah? What's their name?" Said Yaku. He knew this would crack him if his significant other wasn't real. Lev paused. His eyes started darting around nervously.

"T-Their name is.." He thought of the first name that past through his mind. "(Last Name) (First Name)!" He sputtered. Now, you weren't really his date-- Heck, Lev just wanted to see how they would react. Now, he really dragged himself through this too far. He had lost a bet to (Friend's Name), anyway, and they told Lev that if he didn't tell his team, that they would 'spill the beans'. Honestly, (Friend's Name) scared the hell out of Lev, so he couldn't run away like a scared kitten.

"(Last Name) (First Name)? Lev, I didn't know you went for the feisty ones. But, to prove yourself, bring (Last Name) over tomorrow and get them to say 'I love you' to you." Kuroo crossed his arms, smirking. Lev started to freak out. Sure, you and him were in the same class, you did a project with him once, and... That's about it. He needed to find a way to make you love him... In one day.

- T I M E S K I P -

"(Last Name)-chan?" Lev called. You turned around, looking at the tall-haired male. What could he want from you?

"Er.. Well, Uhm... Okay-- So, I told my team I was dating you."

"WHAT?!" You shrieked. You barely knew the first year. All you two had in common is that you both are in the same class. Why would he want to go out with you? So many thoughts revolved around in your head before Lev coughed, and got your attention.

"So, Haiba-kun. You want me to 'date' you?" You inquired, raising an eyebrow, and he nodded quickly. You sighed. You didn't want to do this 'fake dating' thing. You remember two guys at Karasuno fake dated and ended up falling for each other, and fake dating became actual dating. You just felt you weren't ready for romance.

"Well-- all you really need to do is say 'I love you' to me in front of my team." He replied, and your eyes widened. All you really know about Lev is that he's a first year in the volleyball club. Why did I get dragged into this? I don't even like Lev, you thought. You sighed.

"Fine." You grumbled, an upset look on your face. Lev's face brightened up. He jumped around, his head almost hitting the ceiling. You chuckled, sweatdropping. He started punching the air. You regret what you said.

"Okay, Come with me tomorrow to the gym, okay?" He grinned widely, as you reluctantly nodded.

- T i m e s k i p : Volleyball practice -

Lev had been doing things all day to prove to your team that you were his 'lover'. He held your hand walking to lunch, and talked to his team about you all the time. He even shrilly yelled "I love you, (Last Name)-- (F-First Name)!" When Kuroo and Yaku wear walking past. You were quite surprised that he went this far to prove to his team that you 'loved' him.

Your mind started to wander. How long would this facade go on? You asked yourself, why me?

"Let's go, (F-First Name)-Chan!" He stuttered. You let out a small, genuine smile.

"Coming, Haib--Lev. Coming, Lev." you started to pack your bag and hoisted it up as you adjusted your outfit. Lev took your hand and grinned widely. He started running, and you sped along with. Little did you know, this 'fake' dating would become a reality.

"I'm here with my date!" Lev yelled loudly to the club. The team stopped to look and noticed that you two were holding hands. Kuroo smirked.

"(Last Name), how much did he pay you?" He questioned smugly. You were confused for a second, but caught on.

"He didn't bribe me, Kuroo-Senpai. I lo-" you cleared your throat. "I love you, Lev!"

The team looked at you and Lev in shock. This was not expected. But, Lev being the person he is, wanted to take it to another level.

"Is that not enough evidence for you?" He asked, then leaned over. You were confused for a second, but then realized what was going on. His lips met yours, and it felt like forever lasted a few minutes before you split apart. You were frozen in your spot, as Lev stood up, crossing his arms proudly.

"Lev's the love guru! The Lev Guru!" Yamamoto exclaimed. "Teach me how to make Kiyoko-San go out with me!" He continued, running around Lev.

"So the giraffe found a lover..." Yaku grumbled, as Kuroo snorted and laughed loudly.

___________________________
I lev you guys
-Mel