Cut Off (Kuroo Tetsurou X Reader)

You hear the footsteps as the two of you head to your classed, and you stumble over from Kuroo slinging his arm around you.

"Hey, (Last Name)." He greeted.

"Hey." You responded, not making any eye contact.

This was your typical conversation. Now, it may not seem like much, but there was much more to it.

You uttered something under your lips, loud enough for Kuroo to hear, and his lips trembled, resulting in him bursting out in laughter. You let out a ghost of a smile, and he gave you a smile back.

Later, at lunch, your thumbs tapped on various 'keys' as you responded to your small group chat, consisting of you, Kuroo, Bokuto, Kozume, and Akaashi.

Kuroo: guys in the morning (Last Nickname) said...
Bokuto: what did (Last Nickname) say man
Bokuto: hurry quick bro
You: wait why
-Akaashi has removed Bokuto from the conversation-
Akaashi: sorry guys he needs to go and he'll get distracted on his phone bye i'll ass him later
Kenma: lol
You: haha
Kuroo: ASS BOKUTO, AKAASHI? Ohoho?   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Akaashi: add* please stop kuroo-san

You smiled at the messages, letting a small laugh out at the comments being made. You feel like a pair of eyes are peering at your phone, so you pull the phone closer to your chest, obscuring the screen and turning your head to see who was staring at your phone screen. You see the familiar dark hair and you immediately know it's Kuroo.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey." You responded, looking at his face. He gave you a bored look, staring at his food, and it appeared as if an idea popped into his mind because he smirked.

"(Last Name)." He asked, and you knotted your eyebrows, hoping he wasn't going to do anything stupid. You didn't notice his hand was holding a spoonful of his lunch nearing toward your face.

"Ye-- AUMPH!!" You started, but Kuroo took the chance and quickly shoved the spoonful into your moth, resulting in you almost choking. His eyes widened and he took the spoon out, and you eventually swallowed the food, quickly grabbing your water bottle to drink. Kenma, who had been watching the whole thing with the entire volleyball team a few tables away, laughed quietly.

"Er, you okay?" He asked in a worried tone, scratching the back of his head. You put your waterbottle down, nodding.

"Please don't do that again unless I know you're doing it." You replied, and Kuroo gave you a ghost of a smile.

"Okay, I'm doing it again." He responded, and before you could protest, he fed you another bit of his lunch. You quickly swallowed.

"Stop it! I don't want any of your food!" You said to him, shaking your head. Okay, maybe I do... You thought.

"Oh, shut up, you know you do." He gave you a small grin, but he noticed your eyes weren't locked on to his, but your thumbs encircling each other as the rest of your fingers are wrapped around your phone. He wasn't able to see the contact name, but he saw you constantly starting a message, than deleting it. He happened to catch one of these 'drafted' messages.

"i love you."

You were in the middle of deleting your message but you turn and see Kuroo getting up to leave. "Uh, Kenma needs me for something." He points to the second year, who appears to not be needing Kuroo for anything, simply playing on his device while it appeared to be him talking to the team at the same time. Kuroo then walked away wordlessly after that, leaving you to wonder what happened.