Masks (Tsukishima Kei x Reader)

There was something that he despised about you. Maybe, it's how you always kept a smile plastered on your face, how you would try to stay on good terms with everyone, how you made sure to stay away from drama. You tried too hard, and Tsukishima had seen it before.

-flashback-

"O-Oh, Hello! I'm (Last Name) (First Name), and I--" you introduced yourself to the male, but he cut you off.

"Did I ask for your name?" He sneered, venom in his voice.

"Erm, sorry..? Anyways, Sensei told me to get some help because my previous school was behind in the curriculum. So, I was--" you apologized, then asked, but he cut you off once again.

"You take too long to get to the point, Tiny. And no, I don't help kissups like you." Now, this guy really irked you. First, he kept cutting you off, insulting you, and calls you a 'tryhard', and secondly, he's smirking about it like the cocky person he probably is!

"Sorry for wasting your time." You mumbled, clenching your fist. But he didn't let you go like that.

"Eh, can't hear you from down there, you dwarf."

"I'm not that short, you know, I'm one of the tallest people in this class. And I said, 'I'm sorry for wasting your time.'" You replied in a harsh tone, and Tsukishima was content.

-flashback end-

But now, it was different. You acted like you weren't hurt by anything. You acted like you didn't care. You isolated yourself from all your friends, and sat alone. He noticed. But didn't do anything about it.

He wouldn't help someone as pathetic as you. Or so he thought.

"Hey, Tsukki. (Last Name)-san has changed." Yamaguchi nudged him as he notions over to you. He rolled his eyes. He hated seeing your face in his head.

"Who cares? Tiny is just going through a phase. Next thing you know, we'll see the 'positive' (Last Name) again." Saying your name made him feel like burning his tongue off.

"Everyone looks small to you, Tsukki. And also, I don't think (Last Name) is going through a phase. I think (Last Name) needs some friends." He said, and Tsukishima chuckled.

"A-Are you implying that you want me to be friends with that?" He said, in hysterics. Yamaguchi have him a serious look and Tsukishima returned to his normal state.

"Seriously, Yamaguchi. (Last Name) will just drag me into things I don't even need to be in." The tall male said, but Yamaguchi was still determined.

-time skip : end of day-

"The Volleyball club?" You questioned. Yamaguchi had just asked you to watch the Volleyball practises, but you weren't exactly sure. What if they don't want me there? What if people I don't like are there? Questions floated around in your mind.

You hadn't realized that you nodded to his request, and that he had taken you by the wrist to the gym, with a determined grin on his face.

"We're here!" Yamaguchi said. Nishinoya and Tanaka turned, expecting a cute person, but saw you, and shuddered.

"I always saw them in the hallways from far, but seeing them in person in even creepier!" The two males started to whisper, but got interrupted by their captain.

"Let's get started!"

"YOSH!"

The gym had a certain aura, one you just couldn't put your finger on. It seemed as if they felt like they were being watched. Well, you were the only one watching besides the members on the benches as well as the managers, advisor, and coach, but you were the only one on the bleachers. You felt as if it was your fault. Like you had done something. But could they really blame you? You were lost. A lost soul with no help.

You didn't know what was your mask- the 'caring' and 'softspokened' you, or the 'careless' and 'aloof' you.

The practise ended early, and you decided to leave early, since you felt that you were making them uncomfortable. Some of the boys started to argue, staying polite, but one comment stuck out.

"Let (Last Name) go. They've just been making practise worthless by showing off their pathetic face. Get out." He spat. You remember the feeling in your throat as your stomach felt empty. You bit your cheek harshly, and barely nodded as you silently left the gym.

You walked out a bit, and you went to the back of the gym. You slowly sank down, as the lump in your throat rose. Your vision started to blur as you felt the salty liquid slowly trickle its way down your cheek. You let out a quiet sob and more tears flew.

"He's right. I can't do anything correctly, I can't make my own decisions, I can't do anything without hurting someone, I'm an idiot. I've just been a burden to everyone. What.. What have I done?" You mumbled to yourself in a low tone as you leaned your head into your knees. You heard quiet, but quick footsteps as you started to vigorously wipe your tears away with your top.

"(Last Name)." A familiar voice called. You knew who it was. You couldn't bring yourself to turn around, so he walked in front of you. He sighed.

"I can't believe I'm doing this.." You heard him utter.

"Okay, I'm..." He trailed off, and turned around to look at something.

"Nevermind, I can't say anything to trash like--" you noticed he sweatdropped as he turned around, only to see the Karasuno volleyball club glaring holes into his head.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles, and you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Yet, there still was that imaginary lump in your throat.

"Why? I'm just an idiot. I can't do anything right--" You started, but you were then cut off.

"Don't say that about yourself. If you're gonna think like that, then eventually you'll live up to those thoughts, and that'll happen. Stop, and just be confident, be bright, be happy. Don't try so much to make others content. All that matters is that you're happy, and then you can make others happy, too." He stated. Your mouth trembles, mixed emotions flowing inside you.

"But--" you started.

"Just take my advice, and trust me." He said as he reluctantly put his hand out, assisting you up. You felt joy inside you, and you hugged him. He stiffened at your touch.

"Hug (Last Name) back!" You heard whispers and you felt lanky arms wrap around you. You let go, and smiled.

"Thank you." You said. He only nodded as you started to walk home. Meanwhile, the entire team started to cheer him on.

__________________________
SORRY TSUKKI WAS OOC //CRI

sorry I haven't updated, I'm just a lazy ass.

Just a reminder that requests are still open, so PLEASEEE request! If there are no requests, updates will be slower!

-Mel