They Love Me, They Love Me Not (Azumane Asahi X Reader)

"They're totally into you!" Nishinoya jumps up and down, but Asahi just shakes his head. The two were in the gym late after school, and everyone had left home because there was no practice and they had other things to do.

"(Last Name)? No way. The is no way possible that they would... like me." Asahi denied. However, the thought of (Last Name) liking him made his body tingle with excitement.

"Awh, why not?! They always seem to enjoy talking to you..." The libero trails off.

"What does that prove..?" Asahi questions quietly. Someone popped their head into the room, catching both Nishinoya's and Asahi's attention.

"What are you guys talking about?" Tanaka asks, and Nishinoya gave a small smirk.

"Ryuu, (Last Name)-senpai is totally into Asahi-san, ri--" Nishinoya starts, but is cut off by Tanaka.

"Asahi, (Last Name) likes you." Tanaka says briefly, and leaves. Asahi just sighed, but Nishinoya appears to have an idea.

"Wait a second, Asahi-san. Come with me outside, I want to try something." The second year chirps, quickly opening the door and running outside. Asahi follows along, slightly confused. Nishinoya picks a small (Flower), and hands it to Asahi. The ace looks confused as of what to do with the (Flower), and Nishinoya starts to explain.

"Okay, its a French game I heard of, probably from Paris, you know Asahi-san, city of love? Anyway, pick one petal at a time, and each time, you either say, 'They Love Me', or 'They Love Me Not'. Got it?" Asahi mutters a small okay, and the 'game' starts.

"They love me," Asahi mumbles as he picks off one (Colour) petal, "They love me not." he says again as he removes one more petal.

Soon, there were only about 3 petals left. "They love me not.." He plucks off the petal with a shaky hand. Only two petals left.. Nishinoya thought, worry in his mind.

"They love me.." He picks it off, and there appears to be only one petal left. "T-They love me not." He rips off the last petal, and a small, but evident sad smile appears on his face. "Well, I was right. Hah.." Asahi says in a low tone. Nishinoya has a guilty expression on his face. Great job, Yuu. You just made Asahi-san feel terrible-- Wait a second. Nishinoya's eyes widen.

"Wait, Asahi. There's one more petal!" Nishinoya points this out, and a wave of relief flushes through the third year. He lets out an audible sigh, and with a smile, he says,

"They love me." 

Nishinoya playfully nudges Asahi, and winks. "I told you so. Also, I know you like them back, so go out there!" Asahi looked a little flustered, but nodded and stood up. "I-I'll go now." he said, but before he left, he picked another (Flower), and took off.

He headed toward your house, feeling a small wave of confidence. The (Flower) gave him a small feeling of reassurance, which kept him going. But all that confidence and reassurance had flushed down the drain when he reached your door, about to knock. He took a few deep breathes, and eventually knocked on the door. Then, Asahi mentally freaked out. Why me, why me, why me, why me--  He thought, but his thoughts scattered when you had opened the door. "Azumane? Uh, come in." You say awkwardly as you let him in. You were wearing clothes that were usually meant for only your family to see, and definitely something you wouldn't wear on civic days at school.

  (A/N Just reminding y'all that Karasuno has a uniform bc why not because you guys probably already know //slapped)

Asahi found that what you were wearing was a little cute, despite the fact that it was (Home Outfit). He then remembered why he was here, and cleared his throat. "Oh... Uhm..." He stumbled, trying to collect his thoughts into a proper sentence. He remembered the flower, and held it out to you. 

"Do you love me?" He asked, and mentally beat himself up. I was thinking about the game too much! Ugh, why mind, why?!

What he didn't realize is that you had said yes, had taken the flower, and that he had only snapped back into reality when you wrapped your arms around him. You felt him have a small jolt run through his body before he loosened up and embraced you back. Eventually, the two of you split apart, and you placed the flower behind his ear.

"Awh, so cute.." You mumbled, smiling, and Asahi only grinned back.

She does love me.

_________

okay I'm sorry that was trash

i am trash

rest in piss

-mel