Fragile (Nishinoya Yuu X Chubby! Short! Reader)

Requested by @AmandaSax
-

You once again look at yourself in the mirror, sighing. Nothing looks nice on me. Nobody wants to look at me. Why would they want to look at you? The negative comments trickled through your mind, making you feel less and less content about yourself. But you should be happy with your body! Another voice called. But why? You thought, and that positive mindset was gone once again. You had tried in many ways to lose weight, but nothing seemed to be working.

The next day, you were walking to another class, when you heard a group of people talking.

"Hey, they would look pretty cute if they weren't fat."

"Yeah, they look like they're going to fall with all that weight they're tugging along."

"They're like our Grandparents! Short, Chubby, and fragile."

You felt an instinct in your head to do something about it, but you couldn't. You couldn't bring yourself to stand up to them, so you didn't. You had stopped in your tracks for a split second, so abruptly that you almost tripped. You heard quiet laughs and whispers are you continued to walk.

"Did you see the way it jiggled?" One whispered, on the verge of hysterics. The other nodded, holding a hand over their mouth.

However, somebody had a look on their face that was indescribable. He looked at the others, people dismissing him, but he didn't like the way you were being treated. He let out a huff, glaring at anyone looking at him, and stomped his way down to volleyball practice.

- t i m e s k i p -

"It's just not fair, Ryuu!" Nishinoya said, and Tanaka nodded, eagerly eating a banana as what happened in the hallways was being told to him.

"That sucks man, no one should be treated like that." Tanaka replied, his voice sounding muffled due to his eating.

"Wait, I know what you should do! We should become friends with  them!" He says, determination in his eyes, and they both nod excitedly.

"OSSU! LETS DO IT!" The two second years cheered.

Later in the day, the two approached you.

"Hello!!" They both yelled at the same time. Nishinoya whispered something into Tanaka's ear, and he nodded, leaving you and the libero to speak.

"Erm, I'm sorry for you being treated that way earlier..." He said, scratching the back of his head, and your eyes widened. No one really had ever spoken to you like this, and it made your heart flutter.

"... I'm sorry I didn't do anything about it. I left you. I shouldn't have done that. I-I'm so--" he started, but you cut him off by holding your finger up to his mouth, and you were grinning, eyes brimming with tears. Tears of happiness. About the fact that somebody actually cared. Somebody wanted to make sure you felt okay. It felt good.

"Thank you," you whispered with a smile on your face.

"I really needed that."

After that event, Nishinoya would hang around you, and Tanaka and him would be your 'guardians', when you felt bad about yourself or others were making you feel that way.

____________________________
It's been too long .
I'm sorry, I just had no motivation for this book. However, I had a burst of inspiration to complete this oneshot. I'll try to update a bit more consistently.

I have a new book, called 'Starting Fresh in Miyagi'. Feel free to check it out! I'll probably update it more often.

Request a character if you like and I'll be happy to do it.

-mel