Saltasaurus (Tsukishima Kei x Reader)

You had been scrolling through the long list on wikipedia of dinosaur names so you could make some funny puns around Tsukishima. School had ended and you suddenly had to inspiration to find some good puns, because you personally felt they were great. However, sort of toward the end of the list, you stumbled upon a certain dinosaur:

 However, sort of toward the end of the list, you stumbled upon a certain dinosaur:

The Saltasaurus.

Your eyes widened and your mind was filled with excitement as you saw this creature. "This is great.." You muttered. You quickly shifted over to the messages application and opened up Yamaguchi's contact. You sent him a screenshot of the sauropod and told him that you found a picture of Tsukishima online.

Yamaguchi: OH MY GOSH, HOW DID YOU FIND THAT, (Last Name)?!

You: Oh, I just happened to stumble across it. Don't tell Tsukki though, I'm saving the 'surprise' for tomorrow. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yamaguchi: Haha, okay. Make sure I'm around when you show him! I want to see the look on his face when he sees it.

You: Got it, lol.

After that, you chose to continue talking to Yamaguchi about various things, such as school and volleyball, until he mentioned that he had to get started with homework, which you then have to do so as well, so you both say goodbye and get started and you get excited for the next day. It was difficult to sleep as you were imagining the reaction Tsukishima would have on his face after you would show him, and were thinking abut how to bring it up in a conversation. You eventually fell asleep after a couple of hours, still feeling a small twinge of restlessness about the photo.

- t i m e s k i p ~ next day -

The next day, you were hyped. You were so ready to show him the photo. You got dressed, ate breakfast and headed for school, not forgetting to grab your backpack and phone before you leave. You finally make it to school on time, heading for your classes. Time passed by quite quickly while taking notes and answering questions, and eventually, the end of the day rolled around.

Yamaguchi and Tsukishima has to head to volleyball practice, and since they usually didn't allow anyone besides the players, coaches, and managers, so you simply had to wait. You chose to walk around Miyagi, and after a while you headed to the convenience store, which happened to be closed. Not knowing where to go, and not willing to go home, you simply walked around some more. You were near the school and decided to browse social media until you got a text.

Tsukishima: Just finished practice. Where are you?

You looked toward the gym, and noticed the doors opened as boys filed out. The two that caught your eye were Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, so you got up.

You: I'm coming, give me a second.

You jogged over, giving a small grin as you headed over.

"Hey, how was practice?" You asked, and noticed that the two were sweating a little more than usual.

"The two second-year delinquents were messing around so Daichi-senpai made all of us do extra diving practices and laps." Tsukishima muttered as Yamaguchi simply nodded.

"It was Hinata and Kageyama who really forced him to do it.." Yamaguchi mentioned, scratching the back of his head.

"If it weren't for the king and the shrimp, we would've been fine." He said, slightly annoyed. A small smirked rises upon your face as you pull out your phone. 

"Oh Tsukishima... No need to be such a--" You open the image.

"SALTASAURUS!" You exclaimed as you were on the verge of bursting out into laughter, and Yamaguchi stifled a laugh as well. Tsukishima leaned closer to your phone, squinting his eyes.

"That's a disappointment to the dinosaur race." He mumbled, moving back and you cackled while Yamaguchi cracked up. A great comeback popped into your mind. "But you're a disappointment to the human race." Yamaguchi's eyes widened and chuckled while you let out a small giggle. Tsukishima simply let out a small 'humph' as he started walking away. You tagged after him. "Hey, wait up!" You said, smiling. Yamaguchi followed you two, left with a grin on his face. "I would make fun of your height, but I wouldn't stoop that low." He said, snickering as Yamaguchi simply let out a quiet "Hah."

"Ok, ok. Just go pick on someone your own size next time, like the Eiffel tower, alright?" You replied, smiling. The two of you just threw insults back at each other on the way home.

i tried haha

-mel