Chapter 5

Picture of Luth's animal. She change into a wolf. A black wolf

***********************************

"Aye, Envoys from all seven kingdoms" daddy said. I lost interest in it and spaced out thinking of the day I met daddy. It was a happy sad day.....

Flash back

I ran as fast as my small pows could carry me I was scared, hungry and hurt.

I heard foot steps behind me and the foul smell of Orcs came into my nose. No! They found me. I will not go back there. Just that thought made me run faster than I was. That was until I found a cliff with a river down there. I looked back to see them closing on me. I will not go back there never. I have to jump I will not go there again. With that determination I jumped not to land on the other side but to fall down in the river.

The force of the water pulled me with it. I tried to fight it go against it but I couldn't. I am nothing but a weak little shape shifter that nobody care about and I knew I will die the same way. I will die now. I gave in into the water And started sinking. That was when I felt strong pair of arms snatching me and getting me out the water. I saw his face he was concerned and worried but then darkness consumed me.

End of flash back

I was startled with daddy shouting in dwarvish at the others.

"If we have read these signs... do you not think others will have read them too? Rumors have begun to spread. The dragon, Smaug, has not been seen for 60 years. Eyes look east to the mount, assessing wondering, weighing the risk. Perhaps the vast wealth of our people now lies unprotected. Do we sit back while others claims what is rightfully ours? Or do we seize the chance to take back Erebor?" Daddy's speech got all of the dwarves to cheer loudly. I looked up at him with a big smile.

"You forget, the front gate is sealed. There is no way into the mountain" Uncle Balin said.

"That, my dear Balin, is not entirely true" Gandalf said showing them a key.

"How came you by this?" Daddy asked.

"It was given to me by your father. By Thrain. For safekeeping. It is yours now" Gandalf gave daddy the key.

"If there is a key... there must be a door" Fili said.

"Wow! That's smart" I mocked him.

"Luth" daddy warned and I shrugged and snuggled into him. I might be taller than him but I am leaner and he let me sit in his lap so why not.

Then all the talking turned into the hidden door and how to find it....