Chapter 10

The necklace Luth found in the trolls cave
*********************************

I walked over to the happy dwarves who were celebrating that they are alive.

"They could not have moved in daylight" Gandalf said.

"There must be a cave nearby" daddy said.

"Yes, there is. I saw it just a while ago" I said with a smile.

"Lead us to it, little wolf" daddy said with a smile. I lead them to it.

"Are we going in?" I asked.

"Yes we are" Gandalf said entering the cave.

"I don't want to go in" I said.

"Come on we are all entering, and I am not leaving you behind" daddy said making me groan but I followed after him without saying anything.

Daddy looked at swords, while the others discussed 'savings'. I found something interesting a necklace. It was weird, beautiful yet familiar.

"Little wolf we are leaving" daddy called.

"Coming" I ran over to him. I saw Gandalf giving Bilbo a 'sword'. I really like him so it's better he don't change and stay protected.

"Something's coming" daddy shouted.

"Stay together. Hurry now! Arm yourselves." Gandalf shouted.

"Come on, Bilbo" I said as I pulled my bow and arrow ready to shoot.

"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" A weird looking guys shouted he stood in a sled lead by rabbits.

"Radagast. It's Radagast the brown. Well, what on earth are you doing here?" Gandalf asked.

"I was looking for you Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong" Radagast said.

"Yes?" Gandalf asked obviously worried. As Radagast was about to speak he stood there as if trying to remember what he wanted to say.

They went to talk privately. After a while we heard a howl.

"Was that a wolf? Are there wolves out there? Other than the one from last night?" Bilbo asked.

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf" Bofur said. A warg appeared at the top, and I shot it between the eyes. Another one came to be killed by Kili.

"Warg scouts. Which means an Orc pack is not far behind" daddy said.

"Orc pack?" Bilbo asked.

"Who did you tell about your quest beyond your kin?" Gandlaf asked.

"No one" daddy answered.

"Who did you tell?" Gandalf asked again.

"No on, I swear. What's on Durin's name is going on?" Daddy asked.

"You are being hunted" Gandlaf announced. I was about to volunteer to draw them off when Radagast offered.

"These are Gundabad Wargs. They will outrun you" Gandalf said.

"These are Rhosgoble rabbits. I'd like to see them try." Radagast said in pride.

We took the chance and ran. But a while later we lost Gandalf somewhere, as we engaged with the Orc pack and their Wargs.

"This way, you fools" Gandalf shouted. We all bolted toward him. That was when we heard a horn. One of the orcs fell down. I pulled the arrow out.

"Elves" daddy hissed

"I cannot see where the pathway leads. Dow we followe it or no?" Uncle Dwalin asked.

"Follow it, of course" Bofur said and we followed them into the path.

At the end of it we came into a beautiful scenery.

"The Valley of Imladris. In the common tongue it's know by another name." Gandalf said.

"Rivendell" Bilbo answered.

"Beautiful" I whispered in awe.

"Here lies the Last Homely House East of the sea" Gandlaf said.

"This was your plan all along. To seek refuge with our enemy." Daddy said.

"You have no enemy here, Thorin Oakenshiled. The only ill will to be found in this valley is that which you bring yourself." Gandalf answered.

"You think the elves will give our quest their blessing? They will try to stop us." Daddy said.

"Of course they will. But we have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful, this will need ti be handled with tact. And respect. And no small degree of charm. Which is why you will leave the talking to me." Gandalf said and lead us throught the Valley.