Chapter 24

Legolas and I chased that Orc but he got away. That sneaky bastard. I growled angrily causing Legolas to look at me in questioningly.

"I am fine" I said making him tilt his head and look at me with an amusing smile.

"No you are not. What's wrong?" He asked.

"I feel useless" I admitted looking away from him.

"Why? You protected your family so you shouldn't feel this way" he said with a smile.

"You are just saying this" I huffed making him laugh.

"No I am not. Hey, let's get back the sun is coming up" he said with a smile. I nodded back and held him as he rode over to Lake Town.

"Legolas...I think the poison is spreading" I said weakly as black invaded my vision. The last thing I heard was Legolas calling my name.

I woke up on the boat, groaning a little.

"You will be okay. Don't worry." Fili told me as he patted my forehead.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"On a boat to the mountain. I think they succeeded." He answered. I tried to move and look around.

"Don't worry no one hurt the Elf. In fact we thanked him. We won't tell Thorin you befriended his enemy's son." Kili teased.

"Like you are any better" I shot back making him laugh.

"She is fine. If she can do that" Bofur laughed.

"We reached the other side. Let's go" Dori announced. We got off the boat, Fili and Kili supported me in the climb. Until we reached the doors of Erebor.

We made a run inside. It was silent a scary kind of silence. No, daddy please don't be dead. I panicked as we ran through the gate.

We called around for a while but no answer was heard.

"Wait! Wait!" Bilbo shouted running over to us.

"It's Bilbo. He's alive." Bofur exclaimed happily.

"Stop! Stop! You need to leave. We all need to leave." he said.

"We only just got here" I said.

"I've tried talking to him, but he won't listen." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked worriedly.

"Thorin! Thorin's been down there for three days. He doesn't sleep. He barely eats. He's not been himself. Not at all. It's this place. I think a sickness lies in here" he explained.

"What kind of sickness?" Kili asked.

Fili then ran off. He must have noticed something. We all followed after, until we reached a balcony that shows a chamber full of gold.

"Gold! Gold beyond measure. Beyond sorrow and grief." I heard daddy whisper. He's not himself. Daddy is acting weird. That's when he noticed us, "behold! The great tresure of Thror." Daddy said throwing a ruby at Fili who caught it. "Welocme, my sister's sons to the kingdom of Erebor." He said in pride.

I jumped down and ran to him, and ingulfed him in a hug. "I thought I lost you daddy. You don't know what I thought when I didn't see anyone or heard anything when we entered Erebor. I was terrified." I said between sobs.

"Oh! My princess. I am sorry for making you sad. I really am." He said hugging me.

"It's okay. As long as you are still alive and here for me" I smiled and kissed his cheeks.

"Come with me little one." He said pulling me with him. He then pushed me into a room and entered behind me.

"W what is going on daddy?" I asked, worried a little.

"Here this is for you. I think it will suite you" he said handing me a dress it was beautiful and breath taking.

"WOW! This is beautiful." I whispered in awe.

"Not as beautiful as you my little wolf princess. Try it on" he said and left the room.