Chapter 8

"Don't mind him, laddie. Thorin has more cause than most to hate orcs" Uncle Balin said.....

Flash back balin's POV

After the dragon took the lonely mountain king Thror tried to reclaim the ancient dwarf kingdom of Moria.

But our enemy had gotten there first. Moria had been taken by legions of Orcs led by the most vile of all their race; Azog the Defiler. The giant Gundabad Orc had sworn to swipe out the line of Durin. He began by beheading the king.

Thrain Torin's father was driven mad by grief. He went missing. Taken prisoner or killed. We did not know. We were leaderless. Defeat and death were upon us.

That is when I saw him. A young dwarf prince facing down the pale orc. He stood alone against this terrible foe. His armor rent weilding nothing but an oaken branc as a shield. Azog the Defiler learned that day that the line if Durin would not be so easily broken.

Our forces Rallied and drove the Orcs back. And our enemy had been defeated. But there was no feast nor song thay night for our dead were beyond the count of grief. We few had survived. And I thought to myself then there is one Who I could follow. There is one I could call king.

End of flash back & Balin's POV

I looked at daddy. He was standing looking at the other dwarves his eyes held pride in them and power.

"And the pale Orc? What happened to him?" Mr. Bilbo asked.

"He slunk back into the hole whence he came. That filth died of his woumds long ago" daddy said walking back to the rock he was sitting on before.

"Orcs are foul creatures that love to distroy everything around them. You two know nothing of that" I said to Fili and Kili.

"What do you know about it kid?" Uncle Balin asked obviously concerned. That made daddy look at me with questioning eyes.

"The day we met. I was running away from them. I was one of the skin changers they took for sport" I said looking at daddy who pulled me into a hug. Somehow he knew I was scared, and that I can't tell them more.