Chapter 16

I heard it then. Eagles cries. Gandlaf called the Eagles . They flew us away from danger I jumped onto one of them with Fili and Kili. I shifted back and looked at the Eagle carrying daddy worriedly.

They put us down on a bear like rock.
I ran over to daddy as soon as my feet hit the ground. Gandalf was over him whispering something.

"The halfling?" Daddy asked.

"It's all right. Bilbo is here. He's quite safe." Gandalf said.

Uncle Dwalin and Fili helped daddy up. He looked at Bilbo, "you! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the wild? That you haf no place amongst us? I have never been so wrong in all my life." Daddy said hugging Bilbo, "but, I'm sorry I doubted you" he apologized when he let go of him.

"No, I would have doubted me too. I'm not a hero or a warrior. Not even a burglar." Bilbo said.

"I am just gald you two are alright" I said and hugged them both.

Daddy then saw something over Bilbo's shoulder.

"Is that what I think it is?" Bilbo asked they all turned to see what he saw.

"Erebor, the Lonely Mountain, the last of the great Dwarf kindoms of Middle earth." Gandalf said.

"Our home." Daddy said in pride.

"A raven! The birds are returning to the mountain." I said.

"That my dear, Luth, is a thrush" Gandalf said.

"But we'll take it as a sign. A good omen." Daddy said looking at Bilbo.

"You're right. I do believe the worst is behind us." Bilbo said. We all stared at the mountain for a while. That was it, our home. A place I can call home.