Chapter 22

Next morning, the people of Lake Town gathered around the place where we will set off.

"You do know we are one short. Where's Bofur?" Bilbo asked.

"If he's not here, we leave him behind." Daddy said.

"We'll have to. If we're to find the door before nightfall, we can risk no more delays." Uncle Balin said.

As we were boarding the boat daddy stopped me and Kili, "Not you. We travel at speed. You two will slow us down." He said.

"What are you talking about? I'm coming with you." Kili said.

"I'm fine. I can walk" I said.

"Not now." He said looking at us.

"I'm going to be there when that door is opened. When we first look upon the Halls of our Fathers, Torin." Kili argued.

"Kili, stay here. Rest. Join us when you're healed." He whispered to Kili.

"What about me? I feel fine. I am fine" I argued.

"No you are not. You were bitten by a spider in Mirkwood, and you still have poison in you" he said and pushed me into Kili.

"I'll stay with them. My duty lies with the wounded." Dori said.

"Uncle. We grew up on tales of the mountain. Tales you told us. You cannot take that away from him." Fili argued.

"Fili!" Daddy warned.

"I will carry him if I must!" Fili argued back.

"One day you will be king and you will understand. I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one Dwarf. Not even my own kin." Daddy said. Fili got off the boat.

"Fili, don't be a fool. You belong with the company." daddy said.

"I belong with my brother" he said and walked over to us, well, more like to Kili.

The boat sailed away. I looked down at Kili he was hurting but trying to cover it up.

"Ha! So you missed the boat as well?" Bofur asked. Kili tried to stand but fell.

"Kili? Kili!" Fili shouted as he tried to support him.

We tried to reason with the people but they have no inerest in us. So we headed to Bard's house.

"No. I'm done with Dwarves. Go away." Bard said and tried to shut the door.

"No, no ,no! Please! No one will help us. Kili's sick." I begged him.

"He's very sick" Bofur said.

"Come in" he told us finally.

"Thank you, Bard. Really, you did us solid." I said with a smile.