Chapter 18

Luth's leather suite

************************************

I dressed in that leather suite Beorn gave me. I found a ring with it so I put it on because it sounded right to me. I put my quiver and arrow on and walked over to the dwarves who were adjusting their ponies. I rode behind daddy.

"Go now. While you have the light. Your hunters are not far behind." Uncle Beorn said.

I nodded a thanks and we set off to Mirkwood. By midday we reached it.

"The elven gate. Here lies our path through Mirkwood."Gandalf said.

"No sign of the Orcs. We have luck on our side" I said.

"Set the ponies loose. Let them return to their master." Gandalf ordered.

"This forest feels sick. As if a disease lies upon it. Is there no way around?" Bilbo said.

"Not unless we go 200 miles north. Or twice that distance south" I said and watched Gandalf walk into the woods to the statue covered by dirty branches.

"Not my horse! I need it!" Gandalf shouted.

"You're not leaving us?" Bilbo asked.

"I would not do this unless I had to. You've changed Bilbo Baggins. You're not the same Hibbit as the one who left the Shire." Gandalf said.

"I was going to tell you..." Bilbo started. I walked away to give them privacy in their small talk.

"This is not the Greenwood of old. The very air of the forest is heavy with illusion. It'll seek to enter your mind and lead you astray. You must stay on the path. Do not leave it. If you do, you'll never find it again. No matter what may come, stay on the path." Gandalf said as he took off.

"Come on. We must reach the mountain before the sun sets on Durin's day." Daddy said leading us into the woods.

We followed the path as it turns right and left. Walked throughthe woods for hours.

"Air! I need air."
"My head it's spinning"
"What's happening?"
"Keep moving. Nori, Why have we stopped?" Daddy asked.

"The path it's disappeard" Nori said.
"What's going on?"
"We've lost the path!"
"Find it! All of you look. Look for the path!" Daddy ordered and we all started looking. I was starting to feel restless and dizzy.

We looked for hours and it felt like days. I was starting to lose my edge and my head started spinning. They started fighting amongst themselves.

"Bilbo. We got to climb up, for the sun" I told him.

"Let's go up" he said with a nod. We climbed up the trees it was a little hard but when we reached the top. I felt fresh again, and that I can feel myself again.

"They are beautiful" I said staring at the butterflies.

"Yes they are. So beautiful."Bilbo said.

"Bilbo I have a question for you. Are you a girl?" I asked.

"Aaah, yes I am. A girl with a boyish name. How did you know?" Bilbo asked.

"I wasn't sure, so I decided to ask you" I shrugged.

"Oh, okay. The mountain, I see it over there" Bilbo pointed out, "Can you hear me? I know which way to go!" She shouted down.

"Hello?" I called down. That was when we saw it. Something moving fast in the trees. We climbed down and hid under the leaves.

Bilbo fell down after tripping, but I could see nothing. I only heard Bilbo's shout, and a weird shriek.

I slowly climbed down to see spiders. Huge spiders. I tried to get away but one of them jumped at me. I tried hard to fight it, but it bit me. Making me cry in pain.

Suddenly, an arrow lodged into the spider. I looked up to see an elf. Blonde elf with blue eyes.

"Thank..." he pulled me and jumped off the tree. A couple of his companions surrounded daddy and the others.

"Do not think I won't kill you, Dwarf. It would be my pleasure." The blonde elf said. I heard a distant shout.

"Kili" me and Fili both shouted at the same time. He later was brought back with a warrior she elf.

"Search them" the blonde elf ordered. I looked at him for a while.

"Hey, give it back that's private" Gloin shouted.

"Who is this? Your brother?" The blonde elf asked.

"That is my wife" Gloin said.

"And What is this horrid creature? A Goblin-mutant?" The elf asked again.

"That's my wee lad, Gimli" Gloin said. I would have laughed if it wasn't for the sudden pain in my arms. Damn, that spider must haven been poisoness.

"Where did you get this?" The elf asked.

"It was given to me" daddy answered.

"Not just a thief, but a liar as well." The elf said pointing the sword at daddy.

"Shut up, Elf" I hissed trying to mask my pain.

"Who do we have here? A human with the Dwarves." He asked arching a brow at me.

"Half skin changer and half Dunedain" I growled at him.

"Prove it" he said holding my arm where I was bitten. I couldn't hold my pain so I shouted. He looked at my hand for a while. Murmured something under his breath. Then ordered the rest and they started marching us to their place.

I couldn't take it more I was about to fall when he caught me. I tried to wiggle away from him but he smiled and lifted me carrying me all the way back.

He was shinning. He was white. A white light surrounded him that was when I gave out.