Good and Bad News: Part 2

Note: Takes place during the same time as the last chapter.
_______________________________________
Sonic's Pov.

After dropping Y/N at her house, I followed her on her way to school with her friend. For the next several hours that she was there, I went for a long run, breaking for lunch around noon. When her school ended, I ran back to see her and her friends walking back to their homes. They had a small conversation while walking.
"So Y/N, wanna come over later?"
"Not today, sorry F/N. I... got a lot of math homework to do today." F/N, I presume, gave her their "are you serious?" face.
"Y/N, we've been friends for a long time. Don't you think that by now, I could tell if you're lying or not?" F/N asked.
"Well... I..." Y/N stammered.
"Come on, tell me the truth. For the past two months, you've been more busy with... something that we haven't spent as much time together as we used to."
"I just... well you see..."
"Don't worry, I'm not mad with you. It's definitely a boy, isn't it?" F/N teased, making me blush in the process.
"What... no. They're no boys involved." I say Y/N blush as she looked away.
"You're blushing." F/N pointed out, "So when can I meet him?"
"Meet him?!" Y/N exclaimed, which almost made me jump out of my hiding place.
"Yeah, I mean, you're clearly smitten with him, so I just want to make sure that he knows that if he ever hurts you, he'll be hearing from me." F/N jumped in a fighting position. I sweat dropped, trying not to imagine myself being beat up by F/N.
"Um... don't worry. I don't think that he'll ever do that."
"If you say so." F/N stopped walking when they reached their house, "But if he does, call me and I'll pound him for you. Bye!"
"Bye..." Y/N waved before walking on to her house. I was about to reveal myself when I suddenly got a call from Tails.
"Hey buddy, what's up?" I said.
"Sonic, we need you back here." Tails started, his voice sounding nervous, "There is something we need to tell you."
"Can't I get Y/N first?" I asked, and Tails shook his head.
"Sorry, but this is urgent and we want to make sure that you know before she does." Tails responded.
"Fine, I'll be there soon." I sighed, before taking off. What in the world could've been so urgent? Eggman perhaps?
I got back to the house in less than a minute, cause I'm just that awesome. Back home, the gang was already waiting.
"So guys," I said, getting their attention, "What's all the commotion about?"
"Well... Sonic..." Amy started, "You see... we all have too..."
"Have to what?" I asked. I heard Tails sigh.
"We have to go back." Right when he said that, it felt like my heart stopped beating.
"Go... back?" I questioned, making sure that I heard that right.
"We have to get back to Mobius soon, and we have all the Chaos Emeralds, so we can." Tails reminded. (it's been two months, they already found all the Chaos Emeralds)
"W-why?" I stammered.
"I've been doing some research and from the information I've got, if we don't go back soon, we'll never be able to back home ever again." Tails explained. I still had an upset, yet confused look on my face, so Tails continued, "Our world's connection to this one has remained open ever since we arrived, but it's starting to weaken and will be completely ruptured within two days... then we can never get back for... who knows how long."
"But what about... about Y/N and me?" I was cut off.
"We know that you don't want to leave," Amy started, "But we have to, and I'm sure that Y/N will underst-"
"I'm not going." I said sternly, receiving gasps from Tails and Amy, while Knuckles just grunted.
"Of course you wouldn't." Knuckles rolled his eyes, receiving a jab from Amy.
"Sonic, but we have-"
"No, I won't leave her. And you can't make me." I cut Tails off, before huffing and going upstairs to my room, slamming the door in the process (damn Sonic, O_o you scary XD twice in a row). I swear, I was more mad then, than I would be if Shadow ever beat me in a race. I ran around my room trying to calm down, creating a big mess in the process. When I did calm down though, the sadness kicked in and I felt absolutely helpless. I lay down on my bed, pondering about this, before sighing. I knew that I didn't have any other choice. How was I going to tell her?
__________________________________________________________________________________
Okay! Before anyone tries to hunt me down and chuck me at an active volcano (hopefully not many of you ^_^"), I know that this chapter and the one before are kinda... depressing, but I promise that good stuff (depends on how you take it, but mainly good) will happen in the next chapters. I need to insert some sad moments in my story at some point. Also, some of the next few chapters might be sad too... Yeah... Please don't kill me...