The Hero Saves His Damsel

Sonic's Pov.

"Fire!" Tails yelled, whilst flying the X-Tornado. Several missiles were launched at Eggman's base, creating a hole for us to enter through. When we entered, we were greeted by many large robots, as well as Rouge.
"It won't be so easy to rescue your friend Sonic! Oh ho ho ho!" Eggman cackled.
"Don't worry Sonic, we'll handle them." Knuckles stated.
"You and Knuckles go find Y/N." Amy said, summoning her hammer.
"Thanks you guys!" I nodded towards them before running off.
"Y/N!" I ran from room to room calling out her name to see if she's there.
"Like I will let you find her, faker." I turned around to be greeted by my double.
"Where is she Shadow!?" I yelled, charging at him.
"Chaos control!" Shadow suddenly vanished before appearing behind me. Luckily, I managed to get out of the way before he hurt me and knocked him back slightly.
"Grr! Why you little-!" Shadow punched me in the stomach, causing me to fly back against the wall. He was about to come at me for another hit when Knuckles suddenly burst in through the wall, knocking Shadow across the room.
"Thought that you might need some help." Knuckles helped me up.
"But what about-"
"Tails and Amy are handling Eggface's robots just fine. And Amy seemed to get a real punch out of that conniving bat." Knuckles cut me off, "Leave Shadow to me. You got to go and find Y/N before anything bad happens to her."
"Thanks Knucks!" I started to run off.
"You're already too late for that." Shadow said, making me stop.
"What do you mean?"
"You'll see when you find her." Shadow smirked.
"Go Sonic!" Knuckles reminded. I snapped out of my thoughts and ran off.
"Y/N!" I kept calling out.
"Sonic!" I heard a voice.
"Y/N! Is that you?"
"Yes, it's me!" I followed where the voice was coming from. When I found the room, I saw that it was some sort of testing chamber. I hope that Y/N was alright.
"Sonic!" I heard her call out again and ran to the voice.
"Y/N, I'm so glad that you-" I cut myself off when I saw her. She was... a hedgehog!? She had F/C fur and looked just like a Mobian. She still had some of her original human features, such as her E/C (eye color) eyes.
"Y/N... what happened to you?" I asked her.
"Eggman did this to me." She sighed.
"Don't worry, I'll get you out of there. Stand back." I took several steps back and started going into my spin-dash mode. After charging my speed for a while, I released it, breaking open it open. When I stopped spinning, I ran over to Y/N and gave her a big hug, which she gladly returned.
"I was so worried that something really bad might've happened to you." I said after letting her go.
"Yeah, me too. Woah..." Y/N collapsed on her knees.
"Y/N!?" I kneeled next to her.
"It's a side effect of a drug that Eggman gave me. I don't know how long it's last though."
"It's alright. I'll carry you out of here." I picked her up bridal style, making her blush. She buried her face into my chest, which made me blush. After relaxing more, I took off.
"Tails." I turned on my communicator while running, "We need you to get us out of here."
"Roger that, Sonic." Tails responded on the other end. We got back to where we entered from to see Amy, Knuckles, and Tails waiting for us in the X-Tornado.
"Y/N?" They questioned when they say Y/N's new appearance.
"Eggman did this to her. We'll figure the rest out later back home." I told them, jumping into the plane.
"What happened to Shadow, Rouge, and Eggman?" I asked them when I got there.
"They just left for some reason, but it's best not to question that right now." Tails stated before starting the airplane and taking off to our house. I held onto Y/N the whole time. I just hoped that these side effects won't be too catastrophic for Y/N to handle.